LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED Lighting Strips For Interior or Exterior

Old 02-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #21
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Anyone know if I would need a relay to wire these up if I wanted them to turn off with the ignition?
No...a bar of led's in the 48" with 60 lights draws 225~ 305 mA, that's just a little over a 1/4 of an amp. Just a fused switch will suffice.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #22
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
hey any chance you could make these using 3watt LEDs?
Old 02-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #23
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribe makaira View Post
No...a bar of led's in the 48" with 60 lights draws 225~ 305 mA, that's just a little over a 1/4 of an amp. Just a fused switch will suffice.
Cool thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
hey any chance you could make these using 3watt LEDs?
Mine actually are 3 watt LEDs
Old 02-23-2011, 05:35 AM   #24
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Are they waterproof? I'd be interested in 2 or 3 to mount under the bed rails.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #25
BlackRig has a spectacular aura aboutBlackRig has a spectacular aura about

Name: Craig
BlackRig's Tacoma Gallery
I'm probably in also. Been looking for waterproof bed lights.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #26
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #28
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Mine actually are 3 watt LEDs
So is the whole light bar 3w or is each LED 3w ? And how many LED's are in each 10" bar
Old 02-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #29
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I have the same question. My only issue is if it is 3watt each you need a heat sink so my gut is telling me its the entire bar. If each bulb is 3watt I have a side business that could use alot of these. Hey if you make these can you look in to the cost of using Cree XM-L LEDs? I need each bulb drived at 2-3watt.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #30
kd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rocky
kd8awe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
I would be interested in the same thing only in Blue.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #31
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I have the same question. My only issue is if it is 3watt each you need a heat sink so my gut is telling me its the entire bar. If each bulb is 3watt I have a side business that could use alot of these. Hey if you make these can you look in to the cost of using Cree XM-L LEDs? I need each bulb drived at 2-3watt.

Yeah that's what I was thinking
Old 02-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #32
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
I believe I can get fully submersible ones in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
So is the whole light bar 3w or is each LED 3w ? And how many LED's are in each 10" bar
I misunderstood the question. They are 3w per 10". I'm not sure on the exact number of LED's I'll check when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd8awe View Post
I would be interested in the same thing only in Blue.
I have RGB selectable LED bars and you can just keep them at blue.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #33

Quote:
I'll talk to my uncle and see what he can come up with
Old 02-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #34
elblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant future

Name: Blake
elblako91's Tacoma Gallery
subsicribed!
Old 02-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #35
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Subd. Two strips or four for bed lights?
Old 02-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #38
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
So if I read correctly (remember I'm not an electrician) one (1) whole 10" strip is 3 watts and does not need a relay?

What if you're running two strips or four?
Old 02-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
So if I read correctly (remember I'm not an electrician) one (1) whole 10" strip is 3 watts and does not need a relay?

What if you're running two strips or four?
I'm not sure. I'm still planning on running a small inline fuse before I get my aftermarket fuse box. I thought a relay was only if I wanted to connect it in a way that it only turns on when my ignition is on so no one drains their battery on accident.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
There are 9 LED's in each 10" bar.

I got pictures of the Lights in the bed of the truck with a camper shell. One 10" bar on the ceiling would be sufficient if you are on a budget. Two 10" bars would be good if you have a lot of things in your bed. If you are interested in putting the bars under the bed rails, I would recommend two under each of the sides and one under the rail near the cab. If under a budget, you do not absolutely need the one in the back but it helps the lighting a lot.

Pictures will go up soon, I don't have the camera on me right now...