Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED Lighting Strips For Interior or Exterior

Old 02-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
LED Lighting Strips For Interior or Exterior

Update: 03/14/2011
Group Buy: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...-exterior.html
So I talked to my uncle and here's what I've come up with:

These are not the set prices; I need to place the order in bulk before I can tell you how much it is for sure. You can back out of or change the order if the price difference affects your decision with NO PENALTY. After my first order, I should have the price fixed.

-We are selling rigid 10" bars in pairs (Cool White, Warm White, and RGB) [to waterproof, just add silicone to edges and connections] ($20-$30+Shipping)

-We are selling flexible strips in strips of 9 LED (cuttable at every 3) [12"] ($10-$15+Shipping)

-For those who want changable colors, you can either buy an extra box that can control the RGB strips to any color, or you can just wire it up to light up certain colors full time. The RGB strip has one 12v wire, and one wire to ground for each of the colors. So for example, if you wanted to have a teal color you would connect the 12v wire to a 12v power source, and connect both the green and blue wire to a ground.

-We are offering a Starter Kit which includes: 24" of flexible LEDs (18 LEDs), One connector from the strip to 12v and ground, and possibly molding tape. All for an estimate of $30-to-$40+Flat Rate Shipping (This is not the set price and I am estimating high, I need to place the order in bulk before I can tell you how much it is for sure. You can back out of the order if the price difference affects your decision with no penalty. After my first order, I should have the price fixed.) In addition to this Starter Kit, you can purchase extra length of the flexible LEDs or rigid bar LEDs and additional connectors. The only thing you would need to purchase yourself so you can keep your interior looking how you want it is a SPST switch, wiring to reach from the switch to the power source, to the lights, and from the lights to a ground.

I am starting an order list. I will then send the orders to my uncle and he will reply with the prices for each order. You can cancel or change your order depending on the price that is given, so placing an order is not a commitment to purchase for this round.

Thank you for staying with me through the delays. I hope to be doing business with you soon.

-Retribution
Update: See here for pictures of lights in bed/camper shell!

So I got these LED Strips that are prewired for 12v and are insanely bright. I might be selling them or setting a group buy up for them soon. If you are interested please PM me. There are warm white, cool white (pictured here) and RGB colors. Heres a comparison of the Cool White LED strips v a 3D-Cell maglight:

All the pictures are at f/3.5 and ISO 640 for those photography people.

1 Second Shutter Speed LEDs on:

1 Second Shutter Speed Maglight on:

1/10 Second Shutter Speed LED on:

1/10 Second Shutter Speed Maglight on:

1/10 Second Shutter Speed Room Overhead Light on:

1 Second Shutter Speed LED and Maglight:

1/10 Second Shutter Speed LED and Maglight:

The LEDs dominate the Maglight

My first project with these is mounting this:
Old 02-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
pretty damn bright. where did you get them?
Old 02-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #4
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
pretty damn bright. where did you get them?
My uncle is starting a business selling them and he's letting me try to sell some online. I'm going to see if I can wire some on the interior of my truck and light up the floor boards and stuff in orange or something. I have flexible strips too.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
How much $$$ ????
Old 02-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
they would be good for under the bed rails. Probably too bright for inside the cab though, unless you had smaller strips
Old 02-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
they would be good for under the bed rails. Probably too bright for inside the cab though, unless you had smaller strips
I'm thinking of one in my camper shell.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
How much $$$ ????
It's going to be about $15+shipping per 10" strip for the non flexible ones, RGB selectable colors might be a little more. I will finalize the price once I figure out how to wire it to a switch and I will provide the material to wire it if requested.

The flexible RGB will be about $4-5+shipping per 3" but I still need to get some connectors because you can cut the flexible ones every 3 LEDs and still wire them together if you need to change the direction or something.

There will be two different waterproof ratings, one that is fully submersible and one that is not submersible but is still durable to rain and etc.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Yep, I got RGB selectable colors too and you can cut the flexible ones every 3 LEDs so it is pretty open to length.

Quote:
I'm thinking of one in my camper shell.
Good idea, I might wire some to my camper shell to see how it looks, do you know of a good way to wire lights back there?
Old 02-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #10
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Great price. I had bought 3 pairs of something like this a few years ago and they were $20/pair, but I don't think they were as bright as this.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Yep, I got RGB selectable colors too and you can cut the flexible ones every 3 LEDs so it is pretty open to length.

Good idea, I might wire some to my camper shell to see how it looks, do you know of a good way to wire lights back there?
I was just going to wire them "normal" to an external fuse box under the hood. Then a switch in the cab then run the wires underneath through loom. Nothing groundbreaking about it .
Old 02-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #12
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for the 10" strip, sounds like a deal for $15. I'll need a couple for my bed rails.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #13

Quote:
I was just going to wire them "normal" to an external fuse box under the hood. Then a switch in the cab then run the wires underneath through loom. Nothing groundbreaking about it .
Sweet, are you talking about the stock fuse box or an aftermarket one? I'm going to send you a PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #14
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for a group buy I need bed lights and if these are fully water proof I'll be installing some for rock lights under the truck.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #15
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed
Old 02-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #18
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Anyone know if I would need a relay to wire these up if I wanted them to turn off with the ignition?
If you can find a fuse that is hot only when the ignition is on, you can just tap into there and it'll work. Downside is you don't have control of turning them on/off with a switch.

But if you want them to turn on/off with the ignition AND be able to turn on/off with a switch, then you'll need a relay.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #19
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Found some auxiliary relays. I'm no electrician but I'm sure you have to match the amps...I think

http://www.streetperformance.com/m/c...witch-kit.html

I'm pretty sure painless wiring makes them too.