Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

relay help

Old 02-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
esimmons has a spectacular aura aboutesimmons has a spectacular aura aboutesimmons has a spectacular aura about

Name: Evan
esimmons's Tacoma Gallery
relay help

hey im looking to do the fog light mod and i am lost with how cables hook up to the relay. any help will be appreciated.

pics r always helpful
Old 02-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
From cheap mods section. (piercedtiger)

Several ways to do this, but this one was the easiest for me, and I haven't had them come on 4-hours after turning the ignition off like other methods cause. Apparently at least one other method ties into some ignition or emissions circuit that turns on 4 hours after the truck is turned off to deal with emissions so the fogs come on for a few minutes. I parked in front of my living room window for a year after doing this and never saw them come on once so.....

Tools/items needed:
wire stripper
1 quick splice
1 female blade connector
6" of wire
drill/bit same diameter as wire
shrink tube/electrical tape to reinforce crimp connection (optional)
Locate the green wire on the plug in the pic
splice into it
run the wire to the fog light relay through a hole to keep it low and not hit the cover
crimp on the female blade connector onto the wire
pull the fog relay and bend the terminal in the pic to the side
put the female blade connector onto the bent terminal on the fog relay
replace fog relay

Edit:
Yes, this will allow you to turn the fog lights on or off whenever you want using the fog light switch as long as the key is turned to ACC or ON. Doesn't matter if headlights are on, off, low beam or high beam.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
and you can do it with the wire going to the bottom right relay as well
Old 02-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
esimmons has a spectacular aura aboutesimmons has a spectacular aura aboutesimmons has a spectacular aura about

yes i believe i know how the wiring needs to be, but i do not know how to actually connect the wire to the relayrelay help-dscf1823.jpg
Old 02-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by esimmons View Post
yes i believe i know how the wiring needs to be, but i do not know how to actually connect the wire to the relayAttachment 89444
a female type crimp connector
to the to relay
and if u are going to the bottom relay for the power then just jam the bare cwire in when u push the relay back in
Old 02-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
a female type crimp connector
to the to relay
and if u are going to the bottom relay for the power then just jam the bare cwire in when u push the relay back in

where do i get the male end from? and is it safe to remove the relay? just pry with flat head?
Old 02-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
BIG DADDY

Quote:
where do i get the male end from? and is it safe to remove the relay? just pry with flat head?
pull top relay out bend the prong over put your crimp connector on that and just strip the other end and shove it in the bottom relay
hard to explain let me find the how to for ya....

and yes just just needle nose pliers or your fingers to pull out the relay
Old 02-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #9
BIG DADDY

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...high-beam.html
Old 02-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #10
BIG DADDY

Old 02-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #11

so i bend prong #2 to the right?

relay help-0221011654.jpg
Old 02-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #12
BIG DADDY

Quote:
so i bend prong #2 to the right?

Attachment 89445
yes
Old 02-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #13

so all i have to do is splice int the green cable and leave it (green cable) hooked up as it was originally? and tie my splice into my relay?
Old 02-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #14
BIG DADDY

yes you can do it that way......

i put mine to the other relay on the bottom