LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Need Some Tips Updating Stock Headlights/Taillights.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
hunterjody is on a distinguished road
Name: Jody
hunterjody's Tacoma Gallery
Need Some Tips Updating Stock Headlights/Taillights.

I've got a 2000 Tacoma 2wd. The headlights and taillights are still factory, and after 11 years, they are looking pretty dull. I know very little about aftermarket headlight and taillight kits. I know I like the clear modern looking headlight lens and LED taillights, but am not sure if I should just replace the covers to mine or do I buy a whole new kit? Not even sure where to start to look. Ebay, online aftermarket stores, etc.? Any tips to track down some nice replacements is much appreciated!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
have you tryed usin tooth paste to clean them?
Old 02-28-2011, 06:11 AM   #3
hunterjody is on a distinguished road
Name: Jody
hunterjody's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
have you tryed usin tooth paste to clean them?
I've used one of the headlight restoration kits and it works rather well, but I am after a more modern look all together. I like the solid clear headlight and taillight covers, but I am not sure if I can just get new covers or do I have to buy all new fixtures? I guess I am just trying to "modernize" the look of the lights without busting the bank.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
tam is a jewel in the roughtam is a jewel in the roughtam is a jewel in the roughtam is a jewel in the rough

Name: tam
tam's Tacoma Gallery
You'd have to replace the entire housing for the headlights not just the lense. As for the tail lights you can swap 01-04 lenses over easily if you wanted that look or purchase led tails. Both headlight housings and tail lights are easily found on eBay.

I'm personally interested in some LED tails but I love the look of my red/clears.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
you can black-out you tails and parkin and turn lights easy and cheap with nite shades. for around $12, a can goes a long ways and looks awsome!