Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

hella 500ff or hella 500ff black magics?

View Poll Results: hella 500ff or hella 500ff black magics?
1 pair Hella 500ff 4300K 55w spot & 1 pair Hella 500ff 4300K 55w flood 1 7.69%
1 pair Hella 500ff Black Magic 4300K 55w spot & 1 pair Hella 500ff Black Magic 4300K 55w flood 12 92.31%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
hella 500ff or hella 500ff black magics?

I cant decide..

i have a 2011 mgm with the satoshi mod going on....i cant decide on the following...

HID OPTION 1
1 pair Hella 500ff 4300K 55w spot & 1 pair Hella 500ff 4300K 55w flood

HID OPTION 2
1 pair Hella 500ff Black Magic 4300K 55w spot & 1 pair Hella 500ff Black Magic 4300K 55w flood
Old 03-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Black Magic!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
go for the regular 500 or 500ff but not black magic. you will have a very hard time trying to convert the black magics to hid, but the regular ones are easy and you can just buy these hella shieldz tints or laminex tints

http://www.amazon.com/Hella-H8798844...9718541&sr=8-7
Old 03-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
i was thinking about the shieldz...but im not doing the conversion... someone else who does the conversions normally is doing it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
go for the regular 500 or 500ff but not black magic. you will have a very hard time trying to convert the black magics to hid, but the regular ones are easy and you can just buy these hella shieldz tints or laminex tints

http://www.amazon.com/Hella-H8798844...9718541&sr=8-7
Old 03-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
doesnt matter who is doing the conversion. the shieldz are basically a sticker you stick on the front of the light. its tint.

edit: never mind. I didnt notice the black magics are converted to hid too. Definitely get the black magics. lol
Old 03-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #8
ds46000 is on a distinguished road
ds46000's Tacoma Gallery
is it more difficult to convert the black magics to hid than the regular 500 or 500ff?
Old 03-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #12
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
from what ive been reading, just a tad bit more because of the cross member... however, im not the one converting...im getting it all done

Who is doing the conversion and what bulb will they use?
Old 03-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #14
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
i have the black magics and have no complaints...much more rugged than the 500ff's, and they look much cleaner on my black truck
Old 03-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #16
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mine are just regular, but as far as the look and durability of the unit itself, ive been nothing but happy
Old 03-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #17
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jack
norcal4banger's Tacoma Gallery
I have rallye 1000 black magics....they are super bright and they are a real true white instead of the yellow tint white that come from the 500s. I love them. expensive though
Old 03-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #18
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal4banger View Post
I have rallye 1000 black magics....they are super bright and they are a real true white instead of the yellow tint white that come from the 500s. I love them. expensive though
i concur.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #19
~THE LIGHT GUY~
TBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Just my opinion...but after all that is what you asked for right?

Go with some Rigid Industries D2 LED lights. No converting, no running wires for ballasts, no warm up time, no bulbs burning out or ballasts not working, and they are MUCH stronger. They will also light up way more area in front of you than Hellas. Hellas will reach out a little further but they wont even compare up close. Plus they are much more efficient and also smaller to mount behind the grille. Oh, and did I mention...they are just BADASS!! haha

I know they are pricey, but remember, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #20
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jack
norcal4banger's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Only $190 a pair for those. Almost half the price as the rallye 1000. Im buying two sets next week

Products Discussed in this Thread