LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Turn Signal Wont Turn OFF!!

Old 03-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
priebedog is on a distinguished road
priebedog's Tacoma Gallery
Post Turn Signal Wont Turn OFF!!

Hey Guys, My left turn signal wont turn off, it will still flash when signaling and the dash lights will flash with it when my lights are turned off. Fuses are good and I have replaced the bulbs numerous times.

My X-Runner has a DRL module installed since this truck was imported from the states, also have a towing package.

Any thoughts????
Old 03-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
do not know to much on the electrical side but have you tried disconnecting the battery for a little?
Old 03-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
priebedog is on a distinguished road
priebedog's Tacoma Gallery
Tried, no luck

Thanks for the quick Reply

I disconnected the Battery for 5 mins cleaned the connectors and leads, but still same issue.

Turn signal stays on.

Any other ideas??
Old 03-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by priebedog View Post
Thanks for the quick Reply

I disconnected the Battery for 5 mins cleaned the connectors and leads, but still same issue.

Turn signal stays on.

Any other ideas??
oh then i really do not know what to do haha. like stated before i do not know to much on the electrical side of our trucks. hopefully someone else will chime in here to help.

good luck man
Old 12-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
averagetaco is on a distinguished road
averagetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Turn Signal

I just started troubleshooting this exact same issue! I have a 2009 stock access cab and this is really annoying.
The good news: It's a short.
The bad news: it's probably a whole harness if I can't find a bad plug.

I'll let you know what I end up finding tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #6
averagetaco is on a distinguished road
averagetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Problem Resolved!

Problem was fixed at the mechanics today because I had to go out of town the next day for work. Here's what ended up happening.

One of the bulbs (they didn't diagnose which) was receiving a feedback signal (faulty ground or something of the like) that essentially applied power to the bulb again. The way the wiring works is all bulbs need to be on the same status being on the same circuit. So when either of the bulbs got a false hot, they other two illuminated to compensate and "correct" the error.
Remedy was as follows: Replace both turn signal bulbs, inspect and ohm out wiring, clean harness, add a few tape pieces to keep it neat, put it back together and reset computer, battery, cycle power. Problem solved for less than $75

Hope that helps.