Notices

Secondary Switch

Old 03-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
Oxygen Thief in Chief
spectrd11 is on a distinguished road

Army: 75th FiR
spectrd11's Tacoma Gallery
Secondary Switch

Ok I searched for this and could not find the answer. What I want to do is wire up 5 independent switches for the different lights that are going to go on my truck (Grille, hood, rear, bed, and rock). What I also want to do is have 1 covered switch that can switch them all on at once if the need arises. Now I think I have it figured out but I am not sure.

Would the load wire running to the relay be the wire to splice into. IE run 5 load wires from the Big Switch to the five individual load wires?

In my mind this works but to be honest I have pieced this plan together with little knowledge.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:09 AM   #2
Oxygen Thief in Chief
spectrd11 is on a distinguished road

Army: 75th FiR
spectrd11's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing? No one has any ideas...well I guess I will just have to give it a shot in a week or two then.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
Master Switch w Diodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrd11 View Post
...5 independent switches for the different lights that are going to go on my truck (Grille, hood, rear, bed, and rock). ...I also want to do is have 1 covered switch that can switch them all on at once if the need arises.
Would the load wire running to the relay be the wire to splice into. IE run 5 load wires from the Big Switch to the five individual load wires?

In my mind this works but to be honest I have pieced this plan together with little knowledge.

You could Up the fuse 7.5. Diodes isolate so other switches do not "activate" the neighbor relay. They sell bussed diodes for this application. http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/waytek/catalog224/#/44
Old 05-03-2011, 12:57 AM   #4
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
OP got me tinkering with some switches...Mod..Mod..Away

Here's a little more possibilities...

Guess you gave up on the Mod.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #5
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
That's a neat setup. I might use that for my emergency strobes.