Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

so i bought hid's and they dont work?

Old 03-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
cortez_55 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ray
cortez_55's Tacoma Gallery
so i bought hid's and they dont work?

ok well i hooked up evrything the way the instructions directed to do they were doing good for about one day the second day my left front headlight would come one when i would turn the headlight switch a couple of times and one night they decided just to shut off so i redid everything all over again but the fuse on the relay harness was burn i replace it reconnected evrything a agian a couple nore times and i went through about 6 fuses idk whats causing this? anyone no what happening?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Brand and type?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
curtis is on a distinguished road
Name: Curtis
curtis's Tacoma Gallery
IT could e that you are getting more than 12v. trying using a voltage stabalizer. about 15$
Old 03-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
cortez_55 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ray
cortez_55's Tacoma Gallery
notto se..... and where could i get a voltage stabalizer?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis View Post
IT could e that you are getting more than 12v. trying using a voltage stabalizer. about 15$
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez_55 View Post
notto se..... and where could i get a voltage stabalizer?
Don't buy a voltage stabilizer, they are snake oil. Anything automotive is designed to run to much higher voltages than just 12v. Regulations require that they survive a 24V double battery jump start from a tow truck. You have a bad ballast or bulb. Switch the bulbs from one side to the other and see what happens. If the bulb is bad then the bad side will switch if the ballast is bad it will still be on the same side. then contact the seller of the HID kit and tell them you have a bad bulb/ballast.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
i disagree with everyone........shocked i know
if you keep blowing fuses you have a short someplace.....either in the wiring
or in the ballast box itself.......

just my .02
Old 03-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #8
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
i disagree with everyone........shocked i know
if you keep blowing fuses you have a short someplace.....either in the wiring
or in the ballast box itself.......

just my .02
HA! teach me to read more.. Yeah.. blown fuses means short...
Old 03-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #9
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
short.