Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Need Driving Light Switch

Old 03-26-2011, 05:59 AM   #1
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Need Driving Light Switch

I've got a set of Hella 500's Black Magic lights on the way, and want to use a switch that will look good in the dash next to the OEM fog light switch.

Would they work with an OEM fog light switch?

Please make some recommendations and provide links if you can.

Thanks.

Oh, and pls don't respond with "use the search feature". I'm not new around hear......
Old 03-26-2011, 06:11 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You can wire them into an OEM switch, just takes a little patience and a test light. I did it with a set of PIAA's. It's kind of a pain since the tabs are tiny, but if you already have a switch for the fog lights, it's easy to pull that and see how it's connected and use it as a guide.

Hehe, search! Sorry, couldn't resist...
Old 03-26-2011, 06:53 AM   #4
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryde09 View Post
Check out http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...le-switch.html. Also, see post #68 where I identified a cheaper way to get the same switches.
That's perfect, but your "rocker switch 36.6 21.2" search doesn't seem to be working for me on their website.

Can you give me any more exact info about the switch so I can find it?
Old 03-26-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
larryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vet: C-17 Avionics Engineer; Electrical Research Engineer
Name: Larry
larryde09's Tacoma Gallery
I just tried it and it worked. When you search for "rocker switch 36.6 21.2", a search results page will be displayed where you can further refine your search. However, at that point in the search there's only ~56 results (i.e. doesn't need much more refining), so scroll down and you'll see a button that says "View Page". Click that button to display all of the 56 items that fit that criteria.

Here's a direct link to one of the switches in the search result...I'm pretty sure this is one that I purchased and seen in my pic: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=450-1666-ND
Old 03-26-2011, 07:54 AM   #6
bucwld1277 is a glorious beacon of lightbucwld1277 is a glorious beacon of lightbucwld1277 is a glorious beacon of lightbucwld1277 is a glorious beacon of lightbucwld1277 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Chris
bucwld1277's Tacoma Gallery
This would be my choice. As close to a factory replacement as you can get for the price. http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45 far better price than a fog light switch at the stealership.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryde09 View Post
I just tried it and it worked. When you search for "rocker switch 36.6 21.2", a search results page will be displayed where you can further refine your search. However, at that point in the search there's only ~56 results (i.e. doesn't need much more refining), so scroll down and you'll see a button that says "View Page". Click that button to display all of the 56 items that fit that criteria.

Here's a direct link to one of the switches in the search result...I'm pretty sure this is one that I purchased and seen in my pic: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=450-1666-ND
Thanks.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwld1277 View Post
This would be my choice. As close to a factory replacement as you can get for the price. http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45 far better price than a fog light switch at the stealership.
That's great that it fits into the existing space, but I want one that lights up when it's on, and the one they show that lights up is but ugly....

Appreciate the info though and have bookmarked it for future reference.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #9
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Oznium switch, I have one
Old 03-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #11
outxider is a jewel in the roughoutxider is a jewel in the roughoutxider is a jewel in the rough

Name: Sang
outxider's Tacoma Gallery
I purchased an oem fj cruiser switch to keep the oem theme my stock fog switch. The fj cruiser switch has an indicator light to show the lights are on and it is wired up to my hella 500s. I can provide info if you decided to go this route.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by outxider View Post
I purchased an oem fj cruiser switch to keep the oem theme my stock fog switch. The fj cruiser switch has an indicator light to show the lights are on and it is wired up to my hella 500s. I can provide info if you decided to go this route.
That's cool. How much was it?