Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Aftermarket projector headlights opinions

Old 03-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #21
bobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant future

Name: Bobby
bobby15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
yeah thats them, nice find! but I think I'm going the higher road, gonna retrofit a high end set up in my BHLM lights, then I know they'll be good, sealed, powerful, clean, cutoff, etc. you know?

Adamo
Adamo if I get a kit you gonna help me ?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #22
thedude is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Lucas
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah thats them, nice find! but I think I'm going the higher road, gonna retrofit a high end set up in my BHLM lights, then I know they'll be good, sealed, powerful, clean, cutoff, etc. you know?

Adamo
That's cool, I'm going to give these a shot, I like the way they look. Hearing that the light ouput is weak isn't a plus though. Might have to mod it a bit.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #23
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
yeah bobby, I'm always up to work on some shit... lets find a good kit, i think im set on the retrofit ones... did you check them out?
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php
super nice stuff...
Adamo
Old 04-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #24
bobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant future

bobby15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah bobby, I'm always up to work on some shit... lets find a good kit, i think im set on the retrofit ones... did you check them out?
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php
super nice stuff...
Adamo

Yea those FX-R kits look pretty sweet !!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #25
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
no shit... love all the different surrounds they have too... around the projector... mmm

Adamo
Old 04-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #26
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TmecTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
If you guys got a group buy going I think a lot of people would jump on it if the price was decent.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #27
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
will do! I'm gonna work on that this week...

Adamo
Old 04-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #28

bobby15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no shit... love all the different surrounds they have too... around the projector... mmm

Adamo

Yea dude they're really sick .. I just need to sell the headlight I have now and then I should be able to get the kit.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #29
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
alright , get them sold! lets do this... i hate my headlights, the chrome, the light output, eesh... it all needs to go!

Adamo
Old 04-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #30
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TmecTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
will do! I'm gonna work on that this week...

Adamo
Right on keep us updated
Old 04-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #31
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for a group buy if you get one going.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #32
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstr View Post
I'm in for a group buy if you get one going.
x2, morimoto mini= win for the simple install
Old 04-03-2011, 10:57 PM   #33
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #35
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
is the projector part the high or low beam?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #36
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
I'm interested but I believe the exact same ones are on eBay for a lot cheaper?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Just wanna say I have these and they are fine. Light output is ok with Halogen, so Im putting HID's in this week! Make sure to aim them and you are golden!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #37
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
is the projector part the high or low beam?
For a retro fit it's Both
Old 04-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #38
crzyrdr52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Herb
crzyrdr52's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought the Slimcubby HID kit. Would these HIDs work with the retrofit? I love the look!! Also how hard is it to perform the retorfit? Is it a driveway mod or should it be done at a shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
For a retro fit it's Both
Old 04-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyrdr52 View Post
I just bought the Slimcubby HID kit. Would these HIDs work with the retrofit? I love the look!! Also how hard is it to perform the retorfit? Is it a driveway mod or should it be done at a shop?
no it will not work, depending on your skills it's a driveway mod
Old 04-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #40
thedude is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Lucas
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Just wanna say I have these and they are fine. Light output is ok with Halogen, so Im putting HID's in this week! Make sure to aim them and you are golden!
So are the halogen bulbs on these comparable to stock? What HID's are you putting in? Thanks