Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Aftermarket projector headlights opinions

Old 03-28-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket projector opinions EDIT: group buy possibility

http://www.KBcarstuff.com/Toyota-Tac...tac06jm-ks.htm

Anyone use these for a while and hate them? Love them? I've used similar items on other cars, some great, some not, light patterns were eh, cutoff, eh, but still better than just throwing HIDs in my lame ol reflectors... you know?

For the price, what do you think? I really want black headlights, HID, and projector, these seem like a great way to do that, for less time, a little cash, and im set.

Any known issues with them? Leaks? Moisture, melting with HIDs, or even regular bulbs?

Adamo
Old 03-28-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
bobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant future

Name: Bobby
bobby15's Tacoma Gallery
I have these and...
They look cool, but they leak and had to reseal, halo's went out so I had to replace inverter, light output with hids are good, IMO save your money up and go with a retro fit, thats what I want to do and I really wish I did that the first time !
Old 03-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #3
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
thanks man...
and what retro fit do you have in mind?

hey youre in chino hills? we should do ours together, haha... get all the parts, do both sets... anyone else in? lol

Adamo

I have fx35 projectors on my R6, didnt originally put them in, but ive taken them apart enough to say ive done the majority of work , lol... the last owner was a tard, wiring, seals, eesh,, a mess
Old 03-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
bobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant futurebobby15 has a brilliant future

bobby15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
thanks man...
and what retro fit do you have in mind?

hey youre in chino hills? we should do ours together, haha... get all the parts, do both sets... anyone else in? lol

Adamo

I have fx35 projectors on my R6, didnt originally put them in, but ive taken them apart enough to say ive done the majority of work , lol... the last owner was a tard, wiring, seals, eesh,, a mess
Dude I would be down .. As long as you guide cause I have no experience with this what so ever .. But really wanna retro just don't have the cash to pay the fees people are asking to do it for me
Old 03-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
bobby15, check this place out...
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php
im in it to win it... they are nice kits for sure.
ANYONE else in for a group buy? I'll call them up... do the work, what do you say?
(not sure if this is the proper channel, but if im in the wrong, someone tell me)

Adamo

edit: after i get some interest, I'll call them up, work the numbers, then get back to the interested people, and we can go from there. hey, if you're on any other forums, say for bikes, or whatever, ask there too... lets make this huge! I'll get a set for my other bike, and my tacoma. done and done.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #6

bobby15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
bobby15, check this place out...
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php
im in it to win it... they are nice kits for sure.
ANYONE else in for a group buy? I'll call them up... do the work, what do you say?
(not sure if this is the proper channel, but if im in the wrong, someone tell me)

Adamo

edit: after i get some interest, I'll call them up, work the numbers, then get back to the interested people, and we can go from there. hey, if you're on any other forums, say for bikes, or whatever, ask there too... lets make this huge! I'll get a set for my other bike, and my tacoma. done and done.

Im in if the price is right ...Adamo if I get them we gonna retro fit them together ? cause like I said I have no experience at all !!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Get the Moromito mini d2s from theretrofitsource.com. Simple to install and look great!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #8
mattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of light
Name: matt
mattcombs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby15 View Post
Dude I would be down .. As long as you guide cause I have no experience with this what so ever .. But really wanna retro just don't have the cash to pay the fees people are asking to do it for me
I have them too and my halos went out. what part is the inverter and hoe do i fix it? i just upluged the other side lol. i loved them untill then.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #9
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstr View Post
Get the Moromito mini d2s from theretrofitsource.com. Simple to install and look great!
Are you running hids with them?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #10
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, i have the 6000k d2s. its a complete kit with plug and play wires.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #11
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Can you use any hids? Or do you have to use the one that comes with the kit?
Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #12

I think as long as they are D2S Hids you can use them. they have the best quality and cheapest price that ive seen though...
Old 03-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #13

I already have hids and I was trying to figure out a way to reduce the scattering light and blinding on coming traffic
Old 03-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #14
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Get an actual projector lens
Old 03-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #15

Isn't the light output bad on those?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:15 PM   #16

the only problem with that is i dont have that kind of money to spend. thanks for the help though
Old 03-29-2011, 01:00 AM   #17
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleod90 View Post
the only problem with that is i dont have that kind of money to spend. thanks for the help though
quality, cheap, fast, cant have all three, haha...

lights, you need them, bite the bullet and get good ones, or keep the stockers...

Adamo
Old 03-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #18

bobby15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcombs View Post
I have them too and my halos went out. what part is the inverter and hoe do i fix it? i just upluged the other side lol. i loved them untill then.

I think this is the inverter but im not 100% sure i havent ordered mine yet.. here is a link to the replacement inverter:

http://www.easy-motorcycle.com/ccfl-...e46-p-318.html
Old 03-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #19
thedude is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Lucas
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://www.KBcarstuff.com/Toyota-Tac...tac06jm-ks.htm

Anyone use these for a while and hate them? Love them? I've used similar items on other cars, some great, some not, light patterns were eh, cutoff, eh, but still better than just throwing HIDs in my lame ol reflectors... you know?

For the price, what do you think? I really want black headlights, HID, and projector, these seem like a great way to do that, for less time, a little cash, and im set.

Any known issues with them? Leaks? Moisture, melting with HIDs, or even regular bulbs?

Adamo
I'm interested but I believe the exact same ones are on eBay for a lot cheaper?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 03-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #20
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
yeah thats them, nice find! but I think I'm going the higher road, gonna retrofit a high end set up in my BHLM lights, then I know they'll be good, sealed, powerful, clean, cutoff, etc. you know?

Adamo