Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Can I ad HID's to 2nd generation halo projectors

Old 03-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
reyespoli is on a distinguished road
reyespoli's Tacoma Gallery
Can I ad HID's to 2nd generation halo projectors

I want these eagle eyes but want to know if I could add hid perferablly 4300k or 6k. Any info will help.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, but they are known to leak, have very poor beam pattern, and are not DOT compliant with an HID bulb install. Not comparable to a real HID retro.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i added some 6k HIDs to my 1st gen projectors and no issue so far... :knockonwood:

if you still have to buy the light housing, i would look into the retro fit process...a much better product..but if you like the look of the halo housings then i'd say go for it...i got my HIDs for $80-90..i forgot what i paid for the lights, it was a while ago...
Old 03-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
what i have

pattern with my hella 75s also (lower concentrated light), i don't have a pattern pic of just my HIDs