Notices

Map Light LED installation

Old 11-30-2012, 05:49 AM   #21
love4steel is on a distinguished road
love4steel's Tacoma Gallery
just ordered mine - thanks for sharing.

here's a coupon code that worked for me (5% off). RET71
Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #22
Spruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: '90-96
Name: Eric
Spruced UP's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread! Just ordered replacement bulbs for my dome, maps, and tags. I ordered two sets for the interior, a set of cool whites and a set of reds, just to play around a bit. Cheap fun, right? LOL
Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #23
Spruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: '90-96
Name: Eric
Spruced UP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by love4steel View Post
just ordered mine - thanks for sharing.

here's a coupon code that worked for me (5% off). RET71
Oh, and thanks for the discount code. Worked for me!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #24
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder how these lights compare to the ones CSJumper sells? besides the crazy inflated price.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #25
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Charlie
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
I wonder how these lights compare to the ones CSJumper sells? besides the crazy inflated price.
Welcome to capitalism.
Don't like the price don't buy from him. I am sure your mommy told you "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything." I have not bought a single item from him, but if I have a question he answers, is polite, and quite helpful. The prices are pretty close from other retailers unless you buy directly China. Buy American, the next job saved could be yours.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #26
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLynch View Post
Welcome to capitalism.
Don't like the price don't buy from him. I am sure your mommy told you "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything." I have not bought a single item from him, but if I have a question he answers, is polite, and quite helpful. The prices are pretty close from other retailers unless you buy directly China. Buy American, the next job saved could be yours.
wow dude, that's great and all but I was talking about the crazy inflated prices of the ones from the link the OP posted in this thread...NOT CSJumpers. I'm sure your mommy told you to "read carefully to avoid making yourself look like an asshole".

I guess I should be more specific with my question since douche nozzles like this guy don't like to think when they read.

What I'm wondering is if someone can provide a lumen/lux comparison between the offerings from the link in this thread and the FAIRLY-PRICED CSJUMPER.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #27
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Charlie
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Shauncho,

I did read that random string of letters that somewhat resembles a sentence. I did read the post carefully, but understanding your writing is the difficult part. It is like deciphering, what a monkey wrote on the window of its enclosure with its feces covered finger.

When replying to your post, my message was clear. Sentence structure, spelling, and punctuation allowed my message to be delivered clearly. A skill set that you seem to be struggling with. Your message could be interpreted as an insult to CSJumper. Punctuation, sentence structure, and a clear understanding of the English language would have prevented this mishap. When reading your post as it is written, you only have one subject. You made no reference to the previously described website.

Quote:
I wonder how these lights compare to the ones CSJumper sells? (Utilizing the only subject you made reference to, I will rewrite your last sentence.) besides the crazy inflated price of CSJumper lights.

If you want to edit your post, so it can be clearly understood by all, feel free to use mine.

Does anyone know how these lights compare to the lights offered by CSJumper? Specifically, I would like to know lux/lumen output differences between CSJumper and superbrightleds.com. Even though superbrightleds.com have "crazy inflated" prices.

Once again, I only utilized the single subject in your statement.

As for your second post, your use of vulgarities is astonishing. Maybe the "mommy" I made reference to, should have had some conversations with you. Attempting to decipher the meaning from your post is not the job of message recipient, but the job of the message sender to send a clear thought. Calling me names because you are unable to string words together, to form a thought is not a solution to your problems. I would look into night school if I was in your position.

Quote:
I guess I should be more specific with my question since douche nozzles like this guy don't like to think when they read.
Specifics would be appreciated. Thank you for beginning to think. Thought went into attempting to decipher your message. Apparently, I was unable to read your mind via internet.

In closing, I hope that you feel better about yourself. Having the internet and a computer screen to hide behind and use terms that I am sure you would not use with me if we were in the same room must be comforting to you.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLynch View Post
Shauncho,
no, please, continue to sound like a douche...it works well for you. btw, the best part is it was all for naught...I read not ONE word of your response beyond my name. Hope that wasted time was worth it.

Would anyone else like to chime in with an answer to my initial question regarding the lumen/lux comparison?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:08 AM   #29
love4steel is on a distinguished road
love4steel's Tacoma Gallery
Lights installed. WOW what a cool mod! They look amazing. I went with the bulbs that the OP recommended however I went with COOL WHITE (white light with thie tiniest hint of blue) Anyways if your thinking about this mod DO IT NOW.

one tip: a drivers liscence helps with removal of covers
Old 12-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #30
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked some up to replace my worthless LedSolutions map festoons. Thanks for the coupon code and for researching the appropriate bulbs for our setups. Looking forward to my maps working again!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #31
Usmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Jovani
Usmcsantosj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
"...Thanks for the coupon code and for researching the appropriate bulbs for our setups. Looking forward to my maps working again!..."
X2
Old 10-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #32
krzyski is on a distinguished road
Name: Dale
krzyski's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #33
Bobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant future
Army:
Name: Bob
Bobcape's Tacoma Gallery
Too easy ...

I had ordered a pair of 194 Wedge replacements for my car. I traded the car in this weekend for a 2013 Tacoma. I searched and found that the Tacoma uses the same ones. That video made all the difference. I used a hook probe like in the video. Done in 5 minutes. Both sides. Now I need to order a dome light. The map lights really look very different. Bright white as compared to dim yellow light. Thanks!

Bob
Old 11-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #34
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Just did this on the shop Tacoma.

Putco PURE LED interior kit. To me they seem much brighter than some of the others out there. We sell the kit, and the bulbs separate. I tried them all. The map lights were the same, but the Dome light that comes in the kit is way brighter than the festoon LED that comes separate. Bigger Diode's

Before

After!

Old 07-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #35
Tacotoya is on a distinguished road
Tacotoya's Tacoma Gallery
This was so easy and awesome results for the few bucks spent. I bought the superbrightleds suggested from another thread. Very happy with them!
Old 07-16-2014, 08:01 PM   #36
907Yoda is on a distinguished road

Air Force: WEAPONS
907Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know the buld part number for the visor mirror lights? Cant seem to find any info on them and they are the last of the all my lights that are not LED in my truck...
Old 07-20-2014, 06:13 PM   #37
o0o Flaming Skull Member o0o
o0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shed

o0oSHADOWo0o's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907Yoda View Post
Does anyone know the buld part number for the visor mirror lights? Cant seem to find any info on them and they are the last of the all my lights that are not LED in my truck...
I used these:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...d-festoon/243/
Old 07-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #38
o0o Flaming Skull Member o0o
o0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shed

o0oSHADOWo0o's Tacoma Gallery
I used these for my license plate lights. I decided to try them out in the map light location as well. They are ridiculously bright and relatively cheap too.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...Specifications