Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

VVME HID Conversion into Gen 1 Projector

Old 03-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #1
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
VVME HID Conversion into Gen 1 Projector

had someone ask me recently about the install of my HID lights into the first gen projectors

So here is a brief run down on my installation:

I used VVME...here is a link to the H1 HID conversion kits

http://www.vvme.com/single-beam-hid-...-44_45_14.html

I used the Relay Harness H1 HID Conversion Kit

Installation wasn't too bad, took maybe an hour taking my time...space was tight so i ended up unscrewing my headlights for better access..

the light did not sit properly directly from VVME so i had to trim a little bit with a knife to fit the notches that you will see on the housing...this will ensure the light to sit flat and square within the housing...i had to make a hole in the rubber boot to fit the wiring through also...i zip-tied the ballasts to the sides next to the battery and the wiper fluid (see below)..the wire lengths don't allow for much play on where you install the ballasts...i have a volant ram air over my radiator so i ran the ballast connection wire under the ram air scoop (see below)...then it's plug and play...what a difference!

light output (lower concentration of light is from my Hella 75s)

only HIDs

let me know if you have any questions or want to hurass me on my terrible write up skills