Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

how have you been wiring up multiple lights?

Old 03-30-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
how have you been wiring up multiple lights?

i know i can search, and i will end up searching later today, but i do not have time right now and wanted to get a probe out there to see what you have been doing for wiring up multiple lights....

i currently have some PIAAs and Hellas set up

i have the PIAAs wired where i can have them on anytime the truck is on and the Hellas are on an on-off-on switch where they can do the same as the PIAAs or some on with my high beams...

i am looking to install some more hellas as back lights, most likely grabbing some lights for under my future sliders and also planning on installing some bed lights....

my questions are:
#1 how can i prevent a spiderweb of wires in my engine compartment?

#2 should i get another fuse box?

#3 any suggestions on a switch setup within the cabin to keep shit organized?

#4 is it worth getting a dual battery set up?

and like i said before...yes i know...USE THE SEARCH!! but i can't right now to pull in all the answers i need, so if you want to drop some knowledge..thanks, much appreciated...
if you want to tell me to use the search function...
Old 03-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
...wanted to get a probe out there to see what you have been doing for wiring up multiple lights....

my questions are:
#1 how can i prevent a spiderweb of wires in my engine compartment? wire loom; stay parallel to vehicle wiring; diagram before install

#2 should i get another fuse box? There are plenty of unused power tabs in the fuse box already.

#3 any suggestions on a switch setup within the cabin to keep shit organized?Only after you shed info on how many additional light circuits-but here's one; keep activation to ground (OEM) that way you'll have one bundle to switches and switches to ground. Not back and forth.

#4 is it worth getting a dual battery set up? Add up all the power the additional lights and other future circuits; if they pass 100 amps then up the alternator. If your gonna stay in the woods all lit up then additonal battery with isolator.

i can't right now to pull in all the answers..so if you want to drop some knowledge..thanks, ...