Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

BlowingFuses

Old 03-31-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Banned
Sixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kreg
Sixfeathers's Tacoma Gallery
BlowingFuses

My truck has a bad habit of blowing two fuses consistantly.The first fuse is the Gages fuse, the second fuse that keeps blowing is the Turn signal . I am confused. I have replaced the fuses two times in the last past 3 hours. ANy help is welcome. Thanks.

Kreg
Old 03-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfeathers View Post
My truck has a bad habit of blowing two fuses consistantly.The first fuse is the Gages fuse, the second fuse that keeps blowing is the Turn signal . I am confused. I have replaced the fuses two times in the last past 3 hours. ANy help is welcome. Thanks.

Kreg
You have a brand new truck and have listed some mods that include lighting.

The first thing I would do is remove your mods and see if the problems go away. If not, take it to the dealer and request they repair under warranty. If so, figure out if the problem is aftermarket parts or poor installation. Repair as necessary.

My experience with electrical problems on new vehicles has taught me that it is usually the last thing I changed. I have saved a lot of time since then. I no longer believe that I never make mistakes when doing mods.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
^that^
Old 03-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
Banned
Sixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I removed the Daytime Running lights mod and it blew fuses when removed the wire. I relplaced the fuse and all is okay. Could it be a bad ground . I want my running light mod! I looked at wires and inspected all connections, they are clean. I have future plans on adding a new fuse panel so I might do it sooner than thought.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:19 AM   #6
Banned
I will check that. Dang rain is putting a damper on things. It was dark yesterday so maybe I am not seeing a bad or stripped wire as you state. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
check and see if two wires are hitting each other in a bare part of the wire
I took it to the dealer and they replaced the pigtail in the right rear turn signal. Go figure. That is why I don't like wiring things. thanks for the suggestions and all. Now to go put my little jumper back on.