1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Halo Headlight Buying Help

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Krasus22, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Apr 2, 2011 at 5:00 PM
    Krasus22

Krasus22 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Murdered Out
    Blacked Out Badges, Blacked Out Front Grill, BLacked Out Rear Bumper, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Kenwood DDX616, BLHM, Flowmaster Exhaust.
    Hello all,

My buddy and I are looking at some new headlights for his tacoma and we are looking at getting http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-1...|Year:2005&hash=item33648f12e7#ht_6359wt_1017, now after reading what the required HID bulbs are, H7 for low and H1 for high. Does this mean that we need to get two conversion kits for the low and high since they are two separate lights?

Thinking of getting this conversion kit for H7, any thought?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3661wt_1132

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Apr 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM
    Krasus22

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Vehicle:
    Blacked Out Badges, Blacked Out Front Grill, BLacked Out Rear Bumper, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Kenwood DDX616, BLHM, Flowmaster Exhaust.
  3. Apr 2, 2011 at 6:00 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    If he wants to run HID's in both the highs and lows then yes you would need to run two kits(since it's separate bulbs, naturally if it was the same bulb operating the highs and lows then no you would not). However, I would highly advise against running HID's in your highs. You're better off just running regular halogen bulbs.

4. Apr 2, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    Krasus22

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Vehicle:
    Ah ok, thank you very much for the input! Hopefully we can get these thing pretty soon and get his truck looking pretty bad ass!

5. Apr 2, 2011 at 6:08 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Yea no prob. Just for clarification, the reason I say that I wouldn't go HID's in your highs is because if you're using them for their normal purpose(flashing people to let them go, quick putting them on for dark stretches of road) they're not all that practical since it takes a little bit for the bulbs to get to their maximum brightness once the ballasts fire so if you quick need them to see or something I'd rather rely on normal bulbs that will immediately be bright when you need them. Plus the constant on and off that highs would endure isn't always great for the ballasts(at least older ones perhaps newer ones are more durable it's been a couple years since I ran HID's in a vehicle).

Products Discussed in

To Top