Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Driving/Fog Light mounting on the front bumper?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Driving/Fog Light mounting on the front bumper?

Hi, Brother & Sister
I have a question, I have a set of Hella 5 or 6" round driving light sit in my garage, any idea or methods that can be mount on the front bumper?
Please give me some advices, Thanks for all your info.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
a light bar or a bull bar or you could change your grill to a grillcraft and mount them behind the grill
Old 09-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
How about this one? Will it be look good or bad? Give me some idea, Please....see link below.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=3582
i have seen those before, but i dont think they are a real good idea. a bull bar would suit you needs just fine. check the buy/sale/trade forum....i have a bull bar for sale!!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #6
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
It should fit w/ no problem. Bull bar w/ those lights would look great!
Old 09-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #7
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
But I have a Skiplate install already...... so the Bull bar will not fit on mind, am I right?
if its the factory skid plate, the bull bar will fit just fine.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #8
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
The light bar in that link mounts to the license plate? Do you know the front plate on our Tacos are only screwed into the plastic bumper and nothing else, your lights would look like a strobe bouncing up and down going down the road. Randy Ellis light bars can be had for less than 150.00, I believe.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the one I have from N-Fab

Old 09-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #10
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
The light bar in that link mounts to the license plate? Do you know the front plate on our Tacos are only screwed into the plastic bumper and nothing else, your lights would look like a strobe bouncing up and down going down the road. Randy Ellis light bars can be had for less than 150.00, I believe.

I just check on line for the Randy Ellis light bars it cost 250.00 plus shipping
Anyone have a used one here?
Old 11-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #12
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I put mine behind the Grillcraft Grill:

Old 11-10-2008, 04:34 AM   #14
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
I also have the trd skid.The K/C bar fits just fine.(for anyone thinking about this setup)
Old 11-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #15
soulreaper is on a distinguished road
soulreaper's Tacoma Gallery
i ordered the nfab bar with 4- 8" pro comp lights but i have no idea if they will fit
Old 11-19-2008, 06:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Yeah, but it looks like, from his avatar that he has the TRD skid plate. I'm pretty damn sure that has to be removed for bull bars and brush guards. Or, he might be able to leave it and just cut the top of the tow-hook holes to make room for the supports.
yeah, if its the aftermarket skid.......it'll need to be either removed, or modded to fit with the bull bar.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:53 AM   #17
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
i ordered the nfab bar with 4- 8" pro comp lights but i have no idea if they will fit
Here's a shot of what two 8" looks like.(headlights are off)
Old 11-20-2008, 06:34 AM   #18
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I have the N-fab light bar as well $155 shipped to my door pretty damn sturdy that license plate bar looks like your lights will shake like crazy,
Old 11-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #19
soulreaper is on a distinguished road
soulreaper's Tacoma Gallery
i talked to missy yesterday and she told me the bar is set up so you can run up to a 9inch light on it so i'll be good
Old 11-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #20
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
i talked to missy yesterday and she told me the bar is set up so you can run up to a 9inch light on it so i'll be good