Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Haze in Headlights after BHLM

Old 04-05-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
Silver Member
SilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
SilverBullet07's Tacoma Gallery
Haze in Headlights after BHLM

So I did the BHLM in January. Had no problems till I noticed on Friday that the top corners had a sort of haze on the inside lenses, thought nothing of it and then the following day it got worse. I'm guessing its from the heat since it was parked directly in the sun light and the temp reached 80ish degrees...

Could anyone tell me why this is possibly happening?

My only though was that I didn't let the bezel cure enough before I put it back in the light and sealed it up. So Saturday I took the light apart pre-burned the bezel again and let it sit over night, and then washed the lenses with soap and water and also let them sit over night and put everything back together.

Any help would be appreciated.. if the problem continues I will take pictures next time.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:28 AM   #2
Silver Member
SilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
VHT Night shade for the Blinker/DTRL.

All is sealed, never had water leak in them once.. Its frustrating, if it happens again I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Thanks for the suggestions
Old 04-05-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I was thinkin bout using nite shades when I put mine back together........sweet.

on a side note, somebody had a post saying he drilled 2 or 3 small holes in the lower portion of the housing and they never fogged up on him again.......Ill do a search and provide a link
Thanks man... I was thinking about that since the heat needs somewhere to escape if its the heat making it haze up. Look forward to seeing the link!

If you use the VHT just rub down everything your gonna spray with soapy water it worked the best and left no bubbles. If you live close to CA you can use mine... I have a full can basically.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #4
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
HAHA thanks but no thanks, I rather drill a hole behind the headlight or something not in the front lenses. Ill see how they look in a week.. and update on my solution.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #5
Silver Member
Hahaha do the write up and ill try it

I know you PM'd me about the Signal/DTRL, but heres a picture to see the color difference between stock and tinted: