Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

4 inch fog lights question

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
4 inch fog lights question

I bought a new plate bumper, and need new 4 inch fogs for it. Before anyone jumps up and says PIAA 510's hear me out for a second. I was looking to get a cheaper fog light housing, and mod it to fit a normal size ballast hid kit that I have lying around the house. Any suggestions? thanks.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:15 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Stock fogs with the HID kit.
A couple other options I found searching on google but I don't know about the fitment. PIAA's are good lights, I'd seriously consider them:
http://www.autoanything.com/lights/69A1333A0A0.aspx
http://www.autoanything.com/lights/65A5669A0A0.aspx
Old 04-09-2011, 06:20 AM   #6
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of bumper did ya get?
Old 04-09-2011, 06:25 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada View Post
can't use stock fogs, NEED a four inch fog light.
If you're going to swap in a HID kit, you might want to wander around a local auto parts store and see if they have something cheap that fits. Or check something like tractor supply co.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #9
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
If you're going to swap in a HID kit, you might want to wander around a local auto parts store and see if they have something cheap that fits. Or check something like tractor supply co.
local auto parts store doesn't have what I need, will check TSC, I was hoping to keep the $$$ to a minimum, considering I already have an HID fog light set to hook up, I would like to find some four inch fogs to swap out.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #10
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
canada i found the 510 atp kit at truckcustomizers for 170 after shipping that was 100 dollars less. I really wanted HID's too but I could not find a complete kit so I just went with it and if I dont like it will just put in HID's
Old 04-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
DonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: don
DonnoD's Tacoma Gallery
i bought some cheap 4" fogs at pepboys i think the brands PILOT theyre actually pretty bright, i just couldn't afford some piaas.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #12
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnoD View Post
i bought some cheap 4" fogs at pepboys i think the brands PILOT theyre actually pretty bright, i just couldn't afford some piaas.
Those look really good. I like how they match your truck.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #13
DonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: don
DonnoD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
Those look really good. I like how they match your truck.
thanks i was iffy about the lens being blue but it ended up looking good
Old 04-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #15
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaforlife View Post
Well Canada and myself got navigator foglights and modified them to fit his hid fog light kit! looks good now he needs to post pics!
Yea I want to see how they look. I'm going to be getting an Elite bumper too, and want to figure out my options. Maybe just have Tim build it with larger holes to fit the stock fogs?
Theres definitely no way to make the stock fogs fit?
Old 04-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #16
Ride On
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Yea I want to see how they look. I'm going to be getting an Elite bumper too, and want to figure out my options. Maybe just have Tim build it with larger holes to fit the stock fogs?
Theres definitely no way to make the stock fogs fit?
One of these days, hopefully this week I will take pics. When I talked to Tim he told me that the stocks wouldn't fit. I did try and redneck something, but it wouldn't work, just fyi. I ended up buying a set of four inch fogs from pep boys, and put my hids in them. They serve the purpose, but the jury's still out on them, imo.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #17
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada View Post
One of these days, hopefully this week I will take pics. When I talked to Tim he told me that the stocks wouldn't fit. I did try and redneck something, but it wouldn't work, just fyi. I ended up buying a set of four inch fogs from pep boys, and put my hids in them. They serve the purpose, but the jury's still out on them, imo.
Cool, thanks Jon

Products Discussed in this Thread