Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Is it possible to get OEM fog lights installed?

Old 04-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
IKMtacoma is on a distinguished road

IKMtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible to get OEM fog lights installed?

I just bought a new 2011 Tacoma SR5 without the TRD package. Is it possible to have OEM fog lamps installed via a harness pigtail even if my truck did not come with the fog lamps? If so, is this an easy thing to do or should I take it in?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
If you are V6 you are pre-wired for oem foglights, otherwise check the link in my signature.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
hstringe will become famous soon enoughhstringe will become famous soon enough
hstringe's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if it will help you, but I just installed a new ARB bumper on my 2010 tacoma. I took my old bumper off, and it has factory fog lights in it. I don't know what they are worth, but they don't fit my ARB bumper, and someone might as well use them. They are in great shape, no damage, etc. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
All you need is the stock housings/bulbs. Those will plug into wires already taped up there behind the covers. Then you will need a light blue denso relay check under your fuse box and you will see. Then the stock switch which will just plug in. The plug will already be there behind the switch blanks. All of this can be found on ebay or the internet.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #6

awesome! thanks for all the help! does anyone have pics of this process?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
It isn't hard at all. Just plug and play.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun155 View Post
All you need is the stock housings/bulbs. Those will plug into wires already taped up there behind the covers. Then you will need a light blue denso relay check under your fuse box and you will see. Then the stock switch which will just plug in. The plug will already be there behind the switch blanks. All of this can be found on ebay or the internet.
when you say that the wires are taped up behind the covers, are you meaning the covers behind the black fog light hole fillers? I looked under there, and no wires were taped. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?
Old 05-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
Open hood, then open fuse box, look into the cover. It'll tell you which is the fog relay. Look at location where the fog relay would go, verify if there are connectors in the slots. Do the same for the fog light fuse location. If they are missing..well your gonna haveta build a harness.
If you do have these connectors, then look behind headlight, follow the harness below the light, you should see a snaked harness taped. One on each side.