Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

recieved the ddm HID's about 20 min ago, but have a question

Old 04-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
fltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Munitions systems craftsman
Name: daniel
fltacoma's Tacoma Gallery
recieved the ddm HID's about 20 min ago, but have a question

when I opened the box, the HID's have a shroud around the side of them, what do I do? are they placed there for some reason?
Old 04-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
protection on the bulb for shipping. remove before install
Old 04-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
delrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to behold

Name: Paul
delrayrasta's Tacoma Gallery
NOOOOO!!!!! if its a metal shield that is only covering half of them then leave it alone!!!!

i took them off and i makes your headlights uber bright and blind the shit out of people (not the right way) plus it'll make them point in every directions.

take a picture of it first and show us because if its what i am thinking its the bulbs light shield, you twist it off and put it in first then you slip the bulb in and twist it back in.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, i thought the man was talking about the plastic covers that come over the bulbs for shipping.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #6
fltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to behold

its not the plastic shields that they use in shipping, its the metal shields right by the bulb. does anyone know, or can poiint me into wiring these bad boys up?
Attached Thumbnails
recieved the ddm HID's about 20 min ago, but have a question-hid-008.jpg  
Old 04-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, DDM can't even include an instruction sheet? How about their web site? Any instructions there?

I went to their store in San Diego once... very underwhelmed with the lack of help offered.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
They have instructions on the site. It is all plug and play and the plugs only fit one way.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #9

nope, no instructions. they have cables that are plug in, and a set of cables that have bare ends on them. which one do I use? do I use these? (pic attached)
Attached Thumbnails
recieved the ddm HID's about 20 min ago, but have a question-hid-part-2-001.jpg  
Old 04-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #10

just to rant a little, I already have a set of fogs installed, and they wernt this much of a pain in the ass....
Old 04-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #11
delrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltacoma View Post
its not the plastic shields that they use in shipping, its the metal shields right by the bulb. does anyone know, or can poiint me into wiring these bad boys up?

yea its exatly what i thought. just twist them off and put the metal shields in the head light house and put the metal clips back on first. wiring is easy. if you have the relay you find a place near the battery and hook that up and connect all the wires (its pretty simple, just keep everything clean and tidy. it'll help in case you need to remove or change them) then slip the bulbs into the shields that are already in the headlight housing and twist them in. and enjoy.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
nope, no instructions. they have cables that are plug in, and a set of cables that have bare ends on them. which one do I use? do I use these? (pic attached)
The bare ends go into the stock headlight plugs. The other end goes into the ballast.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #13

https://www.ddmtuning.com/support/in...mid=11&nav=0,1

go here and just download the pdf file. that will make everything much easier. but they don't talk about those shields so just do what i said and it will be fine.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #14
HighRise is on a distinguished road

Name: Fritz
HighRise's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered the same from ddm, fogs/headlights fogs came with a plastic cover that covers the bulbs, headlights didnt, headlight bulbs look like a metal helmet covering the bulbs, do not remove it, I installed it, pain in the rear to fit had to move battery and winshield res to make em fit.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #15
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
They prevent glare by focusing the light in the top portion of your headlight and not the bottom. This makes the light point down and not blind people as much.

Wiring is easy, just plug and play.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #16

and I dont have the HI/LO kit, just the regular kit.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #17
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You should have a positive and a ground. You may have 2 positives. Hook the pos up to the battery, and ground the ground. You the connecter that plugs into the OEM bulb is what plugs into the DDM plug. You only need one plug from your truck though, the other one just tape up. The small box is the relay for the highs.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #18

hey whippersnapper, which color ones go to which ends of the stock headlight plugs?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #19
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The bare ends go into the stock headlight plugs. The other end goes into the ballast.
This

I don't know why yours came like that. These are for a taco, right? Mine had the actual switch when I bought them.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #20

ok. blue is positive, and the ground is black. but there are 3 places in which to stick the positive into. which one is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEmanWOLFpack View Post
You should have a positive and a ground. You may have 2 positives. Hook the pos up to the battery, and ground the ground. You the connecter that plugs into the OEM bulb is what plugs into the DDM plug. You only need one plug from your truck though, the other one just tape up. The small box is the relay for the highs.