Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED dtrl/parking lights?

Old 04-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
octacorunner is on a distinguished road
Name: G
octacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
LED dtrl/parking lights?

Does anyone have or seen an oem headlight with LEDs for the day time runnin lights? (a la new Mercedes/Audi). I want to replace my orange dtrl's with white LEDs if possible
Old 04-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
reiss91 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
reiss91's Tacoma Gallery
Switchback LEDs are what I use. But you need to wire in a led load resistor to prevent hyper flash. But if you leave the dtrl on it's gonna overheat and fry the resistor.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
reiss91 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
reiss91's Tacoma Gallery
You can do it if you swap out the flasher for an led one. But the Tacoma shuts it's lights off when you get out why not just leave the lights on all the time and show off your nice switchbacks. Unless you think that it's really gonna hurt ur gas mileage THAT much.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
gpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
gpend5.7sport's Tacoma Gallery
the website i work for has led direct fit bulbs that do not need the resistor that work for the rear turn signals and we think they will work in the drl's as well we are going to test it tonight.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed. I've been thinking about doing this as well but with yellow LED's up front. I already have rear turn signal red LED's with load resistors but I wanted to see how it would work with front LED turn signals and my OEM DTRL's. I have aftermarket yellow halogen bulbs and they are burning the chrome lens behind it.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
octacorunner is on a distinguished road
Name: G
octacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyW5j...layer_embedded

i basically want that, except i want to change it so that only the side markers will work as turn signals, and the dtrl's are just dtrl's. anyone know if this is possible? i have a 2011 and it has factory dtrl
Old 04-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by octacorunner View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyW5j...layer_embedded

i basically want that, except i want to change it so that only the side markers will work as turn signals, and the dtrl's are just dtrl's. anyone know if this is possible? i have a 2011 and it has factory dtrl
Hmmm...I've never heard of switchback LED's before. Interesting.

I'm not sure only having your side markers as turn signals would be very safe or convenient. I've seen other vehicles like that and it would always bug me cause you wouldnt be able to see it when you are waiting for them to turn so you would be waiting at a corner for them to go straight but in fact they are turning!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpend5.7sport View Post
the website i work for has led direct fit bulbs that do not need the resistor that work for the rear turn signals and we think they will work in the drl's as well we are going to test it tonight.
Did you guys test this yet?