Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Rice Rice Baby.....LED install, firewall help, rocker switches!

Old 04-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Rice Rice Baby.....LED install, firewall help, rocker switches!

So Friday I hooked up my LED scanner bar in my Hoodscoop. Saturday I wired it into the cab. I took some pics just in case it helps some folks who need to get thru the firewall and people who are looking for some awesome rockers for their open spots on their panel. I searched and searched on here and got some good ideas getting thru the firewall but I didnít want to cut into the boot or force a hanger thru. I found a kickass opening that worked perfect.

Took the hoodscoop apart:

Got light put in and got the scoop back on the truck:

To find an opening without cutting or poking, I put an LED flashlight in the engine bay pointed at the boot, then I got inside the truck and saw the light shining thru a small opening. I pushed the wire thru and it was perfect! I taped other wires to the red power wire and drug them thru with no problems or hangups.

Ran wires from hoodscoop thru the hood down into some wireloom:

Excellent ground for all this shit:

Bought 2 of these http://www.oznium.com/scion-switch-led
1 for the scanner and the other one for the LED's under my foot wells and under both seats.

They are for a Scion but they fit AMAZING and look factory. I had to take a razor blade and shave off the left side plastic in the hole. Then they went in perfect.

DONE! Now for the finished "RICE":

Old 04-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
I'm different, in a different way
franzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
franzcars's Tacoma Gallery
that looks sick. but i doubt it legal
Old 04-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
diezel485 is on a distinguished road
Name: DJ
diezel485's Tacoma Gallery
i like it myself! i want to do something similar with mine but haven't had any time to do anything lately!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
Tebo is on a distinguished road

Name: Esteban
Tebo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Tebo
NIce Write up ill give you rep for that but i dont like the mod IMO but good job
Old 04-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
lol at the title..nice work! green for oregon im guessing? i like the yellow DTRL and the green lights haha
Old 04-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Yep green for OREGON. My tailgater truck for the games.

I can run with my neons under the truck on. The scanner is only for when I'm parked because anything moving is usually illegal so I ain't gonna fuck with that.

King of ghetto.....cool. Like I said on these forums before....theres a ton of shit on here that people do to there trucks that I think is ghetto and plain retarded BUT....it's cool with me because it makes everyones truck different from each other. If we didn't have that then we'd all be driving the same shit!

I'm cool with good or bad comments, it doesn't bother me because it's my truck and I like lights n shit! LOL

Thanks for any and all comments.

I know alot of people hate LED's n neons and whatnot but I LIKE EM!!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #10
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Check out the Oregon laws. I believe blue, red, and green lighting on the front is only legal on emergency vehicals...

Yep.....and LOMFL at Uncle Bens rice!!! ^
Old 04-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #13
darrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to behold
darrmill's Tacoma Gallery
Can you get the light under the scoop to move back and forth like KITT from Knight Rider? Not my thing, but I like it. Good job.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #14
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDogg311 View Post
not my style but clean install ... getting ready for fast five? =)
LOFL.....this is the funny thing...I HATE LAWNMOWER cars...the wings and loud as hell stupid ass pipes and I hate those movies. But I love lights!!! Dammitt...i've been addicted to christmas lights and neon shit, etc. since I was a kid.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #15
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrmill View Post
Can you get the light under the scoop to move back and forth like KITT from Knight Rider? Not my thing, but I like it. Good job.
It is a scanner. Same stuff as the HOFF and KITT...LOL...!!! If you look at a few of the pics you can see the bar all lit up and in other pics u can only see a light or 2 because it's always scanning back n forth.

This is the same tube I have but green:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/RWfykmL6w_o
Old 04-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #16
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
I'm not a fan of the neons but that's just me. Your install looks great though...very clean and professional! BTW...GO DUCKS!!!

Thanks man....I'm very anal bout everything....hiding wires, clean clean clean!! Never do anything half ass

and yeah...GO DUCKS.....spring game for the TROOPS this Saturday. Can't wait.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #17
Beating Anorexia since 1976
OmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OmahaStylee's Tacoma Gallery
Nice clean install dude.
Great write-up & great pics!

I like lights & stuff too, but all I have to show for it is the Indiglo gauge faces. LOL
Old 04-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #18
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaStylee View Post
Nice clean install dude.

I like lights & stuff too, but all I have to show for it is the Indiglo gauge faces. LOL
Nice. I wanna do my gauges real bad but i'm not a soldering person.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:30 AM   #19
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
should have done the scoop in red, then your car would talk to you...

Old 04-28-2011, 06:21 AM   #20
Sombra is on a distinguished road
Sombra's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I gotta ask, after you drilled out the rivets in the plate and guide for the scoop, what did you use to attach them back to the scoop? thanks.