1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Warn SDB 160 (dual beam) behind grill mount

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by MooseHead, May 2, 2011.

1. May 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM
    MooseHead

MooseHead [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Gig Harbor, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD D/cab V6 Auto 4x4
    3" lift, 265 75/16 A/T, Snug shell w/built-in rack, WeatherTech mats & side window deflectors, Pop-n-Lock tailgate handle, neoprene seat covers (front) (GTCovers), Redline Elite Hood Supports, Elusive Elements Grille, PIAA 520 ATP, 12V Sea Blue Block, 12v underhood and bed outlets, disabled seatbelt warning chime
    Here is my problem - question follows

I had a pair of Warn SDB 160s on a previous vehicle and they were everything I expected and were mounted in an upright position. I have a new pair and going to mount them upside down behind the grille - using elusive element light bar. I rotated the lens 180 degrees as required because there's a hole in the rubber behind the lens that should be mounted in the downward position and the light would not work properly upside down. The outside housing for the lens has a 1" x 1/8" drain to remove any water from the inside. Mounting the system upside down would require plugging that hole (live in Washington State with a lot of rain) and drilling a new hole on the top, which would then be on the bottom to remove any water.

Has anyone mounted these lights behind a grille? If so, what was used to plug the hole (was it heat resistant) and did you drill a new hole? This would void the warranty, but the only solution - unless there's is another.

Products Discussed in

To Top