LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Hooking fogs up to headlight buzzer?

Old 05-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
Hooking fogs up to headlight buzzer?

I've got my foglights all wired and set up and they work great. except for when i leave them on overnight (done this once a couple months ago and almost did it over the weekend! ).

So what I want to do is to connect them to the buzzer/chime that sounds when i open the door and the headlights are on, reminding me to turn them off. I wired the fog lights essentially straight to the battery (in-line fuse of course) because i want to be able to use them with the truck off, if necessary, but this means i can accidentally leave them on.

does anyone have any insight into how this could be accomplished? i have a wiring diagram for the truck, but i can't find the buzzer circuit anywhere!

any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
Drewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
Drewboto's Tacoma Gallery
When adding lights to a circuit on my '04, I noticed that the buzzer/chime came from a little box under the fuses on the dash. (Shown on J/B no. 1 on diagram)

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/2000/Repa...rical/loca.pdf

That should be the physical location of the buzzer/chime.

I think that you might be able to work out some sort of circuit wizardry using the key reminder. Perhaps add the light circuit to that somehow.

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/2000/Wiri...%20Warning.pdf

I'm not much help, but this might be able to get the ball rolling for you

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/2000/index.html

Bottom of the page has electrical stuff for the 2000 model
Old 05-03-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
hey, thanks for the pdfs!

it got me thinking it may be possible to add the fog light power feed to the power into the buzzer (bundle it with the headlights). the stock wiring after the buzzer should take care of the rest...
Old 05-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Why not use a relay so they turn off when you turn the ignition off? No buzzers and no way to leave them on by accident.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #5

Firefighter:
i may end up doing that, as i probably wouldn't want to leave them on when the truck was off for very long anyways and i can already use the headlights with the truck off as it is.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #6

Firefighter:
so i ended up just dropping in a relay and tying it off the 9v accessory plug. decided it was easier.