Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Any mod to aim headlight?

Old 05-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Question Any mod to aim headlight?

I know this is probably redundent but here goes... I have an 01 and the driverside headlight beam actually crosses over to the pass. side beam. I do know that there is only a vertical adjustment so, WTF do I have a crappy headlight assy. wondering if there is anyway to correct this problem or try a new assy.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
there is a horizontal adjustment too.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
WORD!?!
tacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tacoman355's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
there is a horizontal adjustment too.
x2
Old 05-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
I have no idea where it is? the only thing i can find is that there is only a vertical adjust. where is that stinking little adustmet at?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmmm....The FSM states no adjustment for horizontal.....I could have sworn I have adjusted it before though.....
Old 05-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
JU Boi is on a distinguished road
JU Boi's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...e-posting.html

check a couple scrolls down, best i could come up with
Old 05-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
he has on 01 the 2005 and up have both
I know. I know I adjusted the horizontal on my '00, and I thought they were the same....
Old 05-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #9

OP, Check to see if you have an adjuster in the location as the one in this:
http://ncttora.com/fsm/2000/Repair%2...light/adju.pdf
Old 05-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #10

You may also want to check to make sure the bulb is seated in the housing correctly.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #11
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
the bulb is in correctly and the headlight assy run 97-00 and 01-04 well crap i guess im screwed.. Do you guys think the assy. could be off and just get a new one help? dont want to throw out cash if i dont need too
Old 05-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #12
WORD!?!
tacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tacoman355's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Hmmm....The FSM states no adjustment for horizontal.....I could have sworn I have adjusted it before though.....
your not going crazy dude, there definetly is a horizontal adjustment. i think it may loosen the housing a little but it works.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman355 View Post
your not going crazy dude, there definetly is a horizontal adjustment. i think it may loosen the housing a little but it works.
Thanks man!! I was loosing my mind.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #14
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
Do you guys think the assy. could be off and just get a new one help? dont want to throw out cash if i dont need too
My 2002 is the exact same way. The passenger side beam shines straight forward and the driver side beam angles to meet it at the furthest point. I was told it is to keep the light from crossing over into the lane with oncoming traffic?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #15
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Just got back from pulling everything off.. grill sourround parking lights hell i even pulled out the headlight assy. and no vertical adjustment. but i did bend the bracket that holds the assy. in so if its foggy tomm. i can see if it helped. I would like to get it right i have alot of deer crossing from left to right and do not want to hit any at 60 mph that would suck. Thanks for all the help and suggestions