Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Need OEM Fog Light Switch Wiring Diagram

Old 05-12-2011, 04:03 AM   #21
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Likin me some of these switches!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #22
TerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Terry
TerryS's Tacoma Gallery
It appears that all that must be done is to move 4 wires from the old 4 pin connector to a new 6 pin connector and add 2 additional wires to power the switch illumination. I can take those 2 wires from the unused diff. lock connector behind the dash. I've just got one more question: is the connector you mentioned (90980-10933) 4 pin or 6 pin? It looks to be 4. If so, might the 6 pin be part #90980-10993?

Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribe makaira View Post
BTW..all you need is the connector (90980-10933) not the harne$$ and, of course, which ever switch(s).

Old 05-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #23
TerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
TerryS's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, thanks. I'll figure it all out eventually. I feel as if I'm learning another language.

Quote:
It's a 6 pin. The pic shows it as it goes into the switch.(from right to left). No need for more wires. Only 4 are needed to substitute the tacoma sw for the FJ sw.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:14 AM   #24
Tacokevin will become famous soon enough
Name: Kevin
Tacokevin's Tacoma Gallery
i ordered both switches....cause they have different icons on them going to use one for fog and one for dtrl
Old 05-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #25

Navy:
TerryS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Which switch didya order? (both?)
I ordered the PT297-35070-AS auxiliary driving light switch and the 90980-10933 6 pin connector. Now let's see how badly I can eff it up.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #26
ggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to behold

ggreen's Tacoma Gallery
For people that are adding an OEM Driving Light Switch, what wire(s) did you splice into for the back lighting?

I was thinking about splicing into my OEM Fog Light Switch but I'm not sure which wire powers the back lighting. Any other options?
Old 05-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #27
ggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to behold

ggreen's Tacoma Gallery
Caribe - Thank you for the reply. I saw your diagram but it was a little small to make out which wire was what for the illimiation. I had my dash tore apart yesterday and all of the plugs are full on the wiring harness behind the dash.

I think what I'm gonna do is buy some small gauge T-taps and just splice into the OEM Fog Light Switch. That is unless somebody has a better idea.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:30 AM   #28
Soon to be west coast
11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FC1(SW/SS) Non Lethal Weapons Instructor Former STS SUBMARINES
Name: Jay
11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I am trying to install an additional OEM 4 pin switch in a blank beside the current fog switch to use for strobes. What wiring do I need to run to the 4 pins to make it work? I plan to buy the 84160-04010 toyota 4 pin switch and the QT1-90980-11090 CONNECTOR AND QT4-82998-12340 WIRES.

EDIT: Im thinking from looking at the Diagram I can run a + to the switch terminal 1 (From battery), a - to terminal 2 (good ground), + hot terminal 3 out to my strobe box + hot in (plus ground the box), and terminal 4 ground for switch... does this sound right?
Old 08-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #29
Soon to be west coast
11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FC1(SW/SS) Non Lethal Weapons Instructor Former STS SUBMARINES
Name: Jay
11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope - terminal 1 is (+) for dash illumination. terminal (2) is (-) for dash illumination.
[for your strobes : fuse-strobes-negative from strobes to pin (3). Pin (4) ground.
You'll be activating the strobes via the negative terminal of the strobe box. That would be OEM style.
I am unaware of the switch amp rating if you choose to run fused power first thru pin 3 and use pin 4 to strobe box. I wouldn't chance it.

Thanks for the info! So you are saying to run the strobes positive to the battery and connect the negative to the OEM style switch to pin 3. and Pin 4 on the switch to ground. I think I got it. Thats alot easier than I thought.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #30
freezb is on a distinguished road
freezb's Tacoma Gallery
i want to install a new kit of fog light, i order the 84160-04010 SW, but what is the connector part number?? QT1-90980-11090??
Old 08-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #32
freezb is on a distinguished road
freezb's Tacoma Gallery
I already have the oem fog, i want to put some on the push bar and i want a oem switch. Do i need the wires? or i can take the wires from the fog kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRD View Post
QT1-90980-11090 CONNECTOR AND QT4-82998-12340 WIRES
Old 04-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #33
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Need a little help...

I have a 2011 Taco with stock fogs installed. I replaced the bumper and want to splice my PIAAs into the stock wiring at the bumper. Which of the two wires at the connector is the hot lead when the switch in the "on" position? I cant find my friggin voltmeter to check it myself.

Nevermind. Black/White is ground, Green is hot lead.