Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog light harness for 4 cylinder?..

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
litegide24 [OP] litegide24 is offline
Senior Member
litegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the rough
Joined: Mar 2009, #15292
Posts: 264
litegide24's Tacoma Gallery
Fog light harness for 4 cylinder?..

Does anybody know if there is a fog light harness available that will plug into a factory set of fog lights?

I have a 2011 prerunner (2.7 4cylinder) so it has no wiring harness available on the truck.

I purchased a set of factory oem fogs to snap into the bumper. I have heard the eBay wiring harnesses don't fit into the factory oem fog lamps, these have an oval shaped connection... Want to find a harness that plugs into factory fogs. I did see some oem switches out there but would still need a relay too

Sure would like to make these lights work.

Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
Senior Member
Jerry Bear has a spectacular aura aboutJerry Bear has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jerry
Joined: Feb 2011, #51743
Location: Mesquite, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 144
Jerry Bear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by litegide24 View Post
Does anybody know if there is a fog light harness available that will plug into a factory set of fog lights?

I have a 2011 prerunner (2.7 4cylinder) so it has no wiring harness available on the truck.

I purchased a set of factory oem fogs to snap into the bumper. I have heard the eBay wiring harnesses don't fit into the factory oem fog lamps, these have an oval shaped connection... Want to find a harness that plugs into factory fogs. I did see some oem switches out there but would still need a relay too

Sure would like to make these lights work.

Thanks
It looks to me like the fog light plugs are part of the main engine harness, MSRP of about $1200.00.

The bodies for the fog light plugs are part number 90080-98039 (You need two). You would also need four of the repair wires, but I don't have that part number.

The body for the fog light switch plug is 90980-11090. The repair wires are 82998-12340 or 82998-24380 (You need four).

A repair wire is a 6-inch piece of wire with a plug terminal on one end and nothing on the other.

I would try a junkyard for the fog light plugs, fog light switch plug, and fog light switch.

The fog light switch is part number 84160-04010.

The fog light relay is part number 90080-87026.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
Senior Member
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
Joined: Mar 2009, #14828
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,918
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
OP take a look at the link in my signature.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
litegide24 [OP] litegide24 is offline
Senior Member
litegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the rough
Joined: Mar 2009, #15292
Posts: 264
litegide24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bear View Post
It looks to me like the fog light plugs are part of the main engine harness, MSRP of about $1200.00.

The bodies for the fog light plugs are part number 90080-98039 (You need two). You would also need four of the repair wires, but I don't have that part number.

The body for the fog light switch plug is 90980-11090. The repair wires are 82998-12340 or 82998-24380 (You need four).

A repair wire is a 6-inch piece of wire with a plug terminal on one end and nothing on the other.

I would try a junkyard for the fog light plugs, fog light switch plug, and fog light switch.


The fog light switch is part number 84160-04010.

The fog light relay is part number 90080-87026.
__________________________________________________ ________

What do these look like, 90080-98039 what are they for?

I guess the oval plugs that go into the oem fogs are part of a $1,200 harness, that cant happen. I wonder if I could get some from a junk yard or even buy a kit off of ebay with a harness and then just sell of the lamps... and buy the switch.


Here is a parts list I made based on your above post: - just not sure what the first items (90080-98039) are... can you confirm.

(2) Toyota Part 90080-98039 OEM Toyota HOUSING, CONNECTOR F 5.07 fog light plugs

(1) Toyota Part 90980-11090 OEM Toyota HOUSING, CONNECTOR F 3.02 fog light switch plug

(1) Toyota Part 84160-04010 OEM Toyota SWITCH ASSY, FOG LAM 42.96 switch

(1) Toyota Part 90080-87026 OEM Toyota RELAY 54.69 Relay

(4) Toyota Part 82998-12340 OEM Toyota TERMINAL, REPAIR W/W 5.03 6" pigtails (need 4)

I thought there was a Toyota relay for around 19.00 (not the blue one) that would work?

Man this gets expensive fast, might be better off with ebay kit...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
litegide24 [OP] litegide24 is offline
Senior Member
litegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the rough
Joined: Mar 2009, #15292
Posts: 264
litegide24's Tacoma Gallery
wow that is as awesome post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;epa4wd3207968
OP take a look at the link in my signature.
epa4wd

I guess Im a little lost on where I fit in though. All I have so far is a 4 cylinder truck and two oem fogs I snapped into the bumper to get rid of the cupholders. If you could help me off in the right direction that would be great. I would like to do this without spending money I don't have but would want the factory oem switch. And I already have the lamps (they came out of a like new 2010) so what is the best route and is there a best source for parts?

with the factory switch I think I need most of the parts (that go along with jerrybears parts list) which I reiterrated in my previous post.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
Senior Member
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
Joined: Mar 2009, #14828
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,918
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by litegide24 View Post
epa4wd

I guess Im a little lost on where I fit in though. All I have so far is a 4 cylinder truck and two oem fogs I snapped into the bumper to get rid of the cupholders. If you could help me off in the right direction that would be great. I would like to do this without spending money I don't have but would want the factory oem switch. And I already have the lamps (they came out of a like new 2010) so what is the best route and is there a best source for parts?

with the factory switch I think I need most of the parts (that go along with jerrybears parts list) which I reiterrated in my previous post.
I would first check what bulb size the oem fog-lights you bought have, then I would go to ebay or a parts store and buy an aftermarket foglight wiring harness kit for that bulb type.

The aftermarket wiring harness will come with a relay and an aftermarket switch. All you would need to do is throw away the aftermarket switch and adapt the harness kit to work with the OEM switch (if you like).

Figuring out how to adapt it to the OEM switch is not really that difficult, you just need to figure out how the aftermarket switch works, by simply using an multimeter to check the impedance between pins (after pressing and depressing the switch) to see what does what, once you have figure it out, there is already a diagram of the OEM switch, so you would just have to connect each wire to the corresponding location on the OEM switch.

I estimate you could do this under 80 bucks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #8
Senior Member
sambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to behold
 
sambojee's Avatar
Name: Sam
Joined: Mar 2011, #53629
Location: Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 286
sambojee's Tacoma Gallery
i just got foglights and harness off ebay and wired my own switch and i turn them on every time i drive and they still turn off and on everytime, very happy with them for how cheap they were. Ive had them for about a year now
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #9
Senior Member
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
Joined: Mar 2009, #14828
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,918
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
I would first check what bulb size the oem fog-lights you bought have, then I would go to ebay or a parts store and buy an aftermarket foglight wiring harness kit for that bulb type.

The aftermarket wiring harness will come with a relay and an aftermarket switch. All you would need to do is throw away the aftermarket switch and adapt the harness kit to work with the OEM switch (if you like).

Figuring out how to adapt it to the OEM switch is not really that difficult, you just need to figure out how the aftermarket switch works, by simply using an multimeter to check the impedance between pins (after pressing and depressing the switch) to see what does what, once you have figure it out, there is already a diagram of the OEM switch, so you would just have to connect each wire to the corresponding location on the OEM switch.

I estimate you could do this under 80 bucks.
You would need something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Unive...Q5fAccessories

And this: (I think the bulb size is 9145/H10)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H10-F...item27b301b59a

plus
OEM switch with harness (keep an eye on ebay)
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:20 PM   #10
Senior Member
Jerry Bear has a spectacular aura aboutJerry Bear has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jerry
Joined: Feb 2011, #51743
Location: Mesquite, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 144
Jerry Bear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by litegide24 View Post
__________________________________________________ ________

What do these look like, 90080-98039 what are they for?
90080-98039 is the oval plug that connects to the fog light.

BUT, it doesn't come with any terminals or wires, so you would have to buy those separately as repair wires. I do not know the part number for the repair wires for that plug.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
litegide24 [OP] litegide24 is offline
Senior Member
litegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the rough
Joined: Mar 2009, #15292
Posts: 264
litegide24's Tacoma Gallery
fog light install

Thanks guys, I hope this goes well...

A forum member talked highly of an ebay seller "gummysource". They agreed to sell me this kit less the fog lights for 36.00 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

It's about the same prices in the links you sent if you add the price of both auctions and shipping costs. The seller said these will work with factory oem fog lights. Do you think I will be able to use my factory oem bulbs with this harness and relay.

I will purchase the switch, the little white clip (that snaps into the back of switch) and the 4 little pigtail repair wires.

Let me know what you think, you got me wondering if the bulbs that are now in the factory fogs will work.

Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #12
Senior Member
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
Joined: Mar 2009, #14828
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,918
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by litegide24 View Post
Thanks guys, I hope this goes well...

A forum member talked highly of an ebay seller "gummysource". They agreed to sell me this kit less the fog lights for 36.00 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

It's about the same prices in the links you sent if you add the price of both auctions and shipping costs. The seller said these will work with factory oem fog lights. Do you think I will be able to use my factory oem bulbs with this harness and relay.

I will purchase the switch, the little white clip (that snaps into the back of switch) and the 4 little pigtail repair wires.

Let me know what you think, you got me wondering if the bulbs that are now in the factory fogs will work.

Thanks
If it is the same bulb size then yes, ask the seller the bulb size, I think oem is H10/9145, the ones on the picture of that auction look like they say 9006, but the picture is not necessarily the exact item on the auction.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #13
litegide24 [OP] litegide24 is offline
Senior Member
litegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the rough
Joined: Mar 2009, #15292
Posts: 264
litegide24's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, will do that. I know they sent me an email confirmation today that says: H10 wring harness with a switch sent via USPS Priority Mail...

Does that mean it will work if is H10?


I was planning on ordering the 1 switch, 1 connector (white one that plugs into back of switch) and 4 of those title repair wires...

Here is your price quote:

*1 84160-04010 ******SWITCH ASSY, F ***1 ********39.48 ********
*2 90980-11090 ******HOUSING, CONNE **1 *********2.93 **********
*3 82998-12340 ******TERMINAL, REPA *** 4 ********4.87

Do you think I'll need anything else? I only need one connector and 4 repair wires right?

Thanks *********
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #14
litegide24 [OP] litegide24 is offline
Senior Member
litegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the rough
Joined: Mar 2009, #15292
Posts: 264
litegide24's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered the switch, one connector and 4 repair wires. Came to 71.00 shipped. A guy on ebay had the same items I purchased for 40.00 buy it now plus he wanted like 14.00 shipping, they sold right away! Expensive little setup!

The other seller on eBay whee I bought the harness "gummy source", emailed me back and confirmed tha the bulbs H10 are in fact the same as a 9145.

Does anybody know for sure... Are the OEM factory Toyota fog lights 9145 bulbs?

Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fog light wiring harness darnett41 Lighting 1 08-09-2014 07:57 PM
WTB: Fog light harness KDogg311 Buy / Sell / Trade 5 05-09-2011 01:55 PM
Fog light harness help soilsample Lighting 5 03-18-2010 06:50 AM
Fog Light Harness rooster_20 Lighting 14 02-13-2009 08:07 PM
fog light harness tammikm 2nd Gen. Tacomas 4 02-07-2009 06:16 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.