Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Headlight and fog light trouble, help!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Headlight and fog light trouble, help!

So the other day I noticed that my drivers side headlight and fog light don't work.
My passenger side lights work fine but my highbeams on both sides work. I checked the 10a fuses all 4 were fine but put new ones in anyway, still the same thing.
I'm thinking its the relay?
Since both the left headlight and the left fog went out, is there is left and right side relay?
Is the relay the one that says FOG FR? Is that just the fog relay or is it shared with the headlights?
WTF? I hate electrical issues they scare me!
I can't drive at night unless I want to drive with my brights or just the right side, both are gonna attract the cops.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
You sure your bulbs arent just bad?
Old 06-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Was just going to say that ^^ try swapping bulbs from both sides but it sounds like it'll be more complicated then bulb replacemnt unfortunately. You'll get the right answer from someone, hold tight.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
i bet it's the bulbs. Both my fog bulbs stopped working one time and I thought for sure it was something more than just dead bulbs. Nope...the bulbs went bad.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
actually maybe not...isn't the low beam/high beam the same bulb? i dont remember
Old 06-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
I'll try swapping the bulbs, mayb its just a coincidence that both went out at the same time.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:45 AM   #8

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
I did what I thought I should do b4 I panicked and changed out the the headlight bulb, it worked! I guess it was a coincidence that they both went out at the same time. Now I just have to order the piaa bulb replacements for the fogs and think about going with an hid kit for the heads, these silverstar bulbs go out yearly, $40a pair :shock:
Still weird that both on same side went out, mayb some kind of power surge?