Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Smoked fogs or Yellow tint fogs???

Old 06-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
Tim09taco is on a distinguished road
Tim09taco's Tacoma Gallery
Smoked fogs or Yellow tint fogs???

I have a white 09 taco with black bumper and black flares. Just ordered some black carbon fiber headlights and black grille. Not sure if I want to mix up the "theme" I have going or if I want to stick with the black and white idea that I like...thoughts....?
Old 06-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
Tacokevin will become famous soon enough
Name: Kevin
Tacokevin's Tacoma Gallery
Yellow definitely!!!!!! included pic of mine when i was changing the headlights to smoked lens.... plan on painting bumper white.....keeping fender flares black.....ordered grill from Exclusive Elements Group buy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf lights.pdf (606.0 KB, 184 views)
Old 06-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #4
Thats funny, exactly the same truck (or at least close). I'm keeping the bumper black and just ordered some smoked headlights. Light bar to come soon. Im not sure if I want to paint the grille black or white now (from the gray it is stock) I was thinking black, but....not sure now. I just got it in October and it came with brand new tires so Im going to wait to do a lift and tires until I need tires. The yellow fogs look awesome, I ordered mine at work today!
Old 06-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #5
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Yellow!!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:51 AM   #6
Awesome. Do you have a color matched grill or is it all grey? I picked up the color matched one. Unfortunately don't have pics with the smoked lights and fogs.
Attached Thumbnails
Smoked fogs or Yellow tint fogs???-imageuploadedbytapatalk1308224875.466726.jpg   Smoked fogs or Yellow tint fogs???-imageuploadedbytapatalk1308224937.771599.jpg  
Old 06-16-2011, 06:00 AM   #7
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Smoke...Getting away from thread, but what is the deal with the yellow fogs? I've seen them around a lot and don't get it. Just in my opinion, they look nasty and don't match with any of Tacoma's colors. Help me out here.

MGMTacoFF...
Old 06-16-2011, 06:11 AM   #8
BransTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
BransTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I dig the yellow. They're just different. I ordered the laminx yellows a couple a days ago. If I get tired of them I'll just pull them off and slap on some smoke ones.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:12 AM   #9
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Yellow or plain. I like smoked headlights, they look mean in a good way, but smoked fogs look kinda counter-productive for some reason. Doesn't make sense, I know, but it's just how I see it. You should do what you like best.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #10
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Smoke...Getting away from thread, but what is the deal with the yellow fogs? I've seen them around a lot and don't get it. Just in my opinion, they look nasty and don't match with any of Tacoma's colors. Help me out here.

MGMTacoFF...
Personally I would not do either, the smoked has no function what so ever and is just for show. The yellow has a purpose at heart but the tint is cheap, it won't stand the test of time.

With show completly put aside, I would put my money in a pair of HID 3000K headlights and get something that works.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #11
I dont have a color matched grille, I have the gray one. I was thinking about painting it myself, I'm already painting my wheels next weekend and want to do the grille, black or white. I like the black bumper and fender flares with black wheels, really love the white on top and black on the bottom thing. As for the fogs, I like the yellow for the look right now, and they are more functional that the smoked. I plan on getting a light bar on the front, but dont want that until I have my lift and tires setup. I'm just gonna get all the little cosmetic things out of the way now and a lift and tires will be the icing on the cake next spring. Definetily excited about working on my first taco!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #12
i think that the yellow fogs on a white bumper look awesome...i went with yellow fog light not a cover on the lens
Old 06-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #13
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohn617 View Post
Personally I would not do either, the smoked has no function what so ever and is just for show. The yellow has a purpose at heart but the tint is cheap, it won't stand the test of time.

With show completly put aside, I would put my money in a pair of HID 3000K headlights and get something that works.
I used the krylon stained glass spray and they look just as good today as they did 6 or 8 months ago when I sprayed them. I dont see them deteriorating any time soon :shrug:
Old 06-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #14
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
I used the krylon stained glass spray and they look just as good today as they did 6 or 8 months ago when I sprayed them. I dont see them deteriorating any time soon :shrug:
did you spray the inside or, how is it applied?

Never heard of it before, interesting.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #15
Quote:

I got the yellow fogs, not a film or painted so hopefully that last a while. What kind of paint should I use for rims and grille? Or what have any of you used in the past???
Old 06-17-2011, 11:09 AM   #16
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohn617 View Post
did you spray the inside or, how is it applied?

Never heard of it before, interesting.
Outside is sprayed. Just remove the fog lights, tape off any area you dont want to get the paint on and, if you want, give them a very light wetsanding using no more than a 2 or 3k grit. I did just enough to remove the gloss on the original lense then sprayed 4 coats each. Turned out awesome and the can is only about 7 or 8 bux i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim09taco View Post
I got the yellow fogs, not a film or painted so hopefully that last a while. What kind of paint should I use for rims and grille? Or what have any of you used in the past???
I'm sure it will!
Rims, I'm not sure. For the grille, you can check my build page...theres a link to the writeup I did on painting the grille surround. I color matched using duplicolor. Some people like the flat black plasti-dip look (which can be used on grille and wheels, etc)
Old 06-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Outside is sprayed. Just remove the fog lights, tape off any area you dont want to get the paint on and, if you want, give them a very light wetsanding using no more than a 2 or 3k grit. I did just enough to remove the gloss on the original lense then sprayed 4 coats each. Turned out awesome and the can is only about 7 or 8 bux i think.

right on
Old 06-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #18
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
yeller
Old 06-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #19
I'm sure it will!
Rims, I'm not sure. For the grille, you can check my build page...theres a link to the writeup I did on painting the grille surround. I color matched using duplicolor. Some people like the flat black plasti-dip look (which can be used on grille and wheels, etc)[/QUOTE]

I checked out your grille and it looks good man! I think I'm going to go with a flat black on the shell and do a mesh grille as well. Doing it next weekend (if the weather holds up), pretty excited to do my first mods on my first Taco! Anything thoughts from anyone on doing the grille white? My truck is white so I think it could look cool, then I am going to color match my emblems as well, white.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #20
GatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura about

Name: Robby
GatorComa's Tacoma Gallery
If you're just going for looks, I say smoked fogs....would look real clean