Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

2nd Gen LED Dash/Radio swap

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #1181
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis ashford View Post
i want to have you replace the bulbs in my guages. removing the cluster, is this very hard for a handy novice? should i have my dealer do it? will the truck still drive without the g/cluster? thanks for your help dennis a.
Fairly simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
- Remove plastic panel between seat and door
- remove foot rest
- remove panel to the left of foot rest
- unbolt 2 10 mm bolts from knee panel
- if auto tranny, remove tray to the right of steering colum
- if manual, remove cover around e-brake
- remove knee panel
- remove 2 plastic screws located up top of cluster dash
- remove cluster dash/unplug all switches
- remove all 4 bolts to cluster and unplug

Any questions post back up

EDIT: here's a quick link for reference
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...read.php?t=941
Old 10-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #1182
dibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant future
Air Force:
dibble9012's Tacoma Gallery
Do the 2011-2012 gauges (with white bands) have more or different LEDs inside to let more light through?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #1183
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibble9012 View Post
Do the 2011-2012 gauges (with white bands) have more or different LEDs inside to let more light through?
No they actually have 3 less LEDs

The "more" you see is because the faceplates let more light they the old ones
Old 10-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #1184
dibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant future
Air Force:
What LEDs are missing? Curious because there aren't that many to begin with. Do they use a different odometer LCD to let the white light through? The previous years LCDs looked off white due to the reflective silver background.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #1185

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibble9012 View Post
What LEDs are missing? Curious because there aren't that many to begin with.
heres the list on the 05-early 11s

rpms = 2 needles 2 background
speedo = 3 needles 3 background
engine temp = 1 needle 1 background
fuel = 1 needle 1 background

odo = 3 background

*those 2 in bold when you have and automatic there is 1 more led for the background that is connected in series that is directly to the left of the shifter indicators*

now iirc, the 2011-2013s are as follows:

rpms = 1 needles 1 background
speedo = 2 needles 2 background
engine temp = 1 needle 1 background
fuel = 1 needle 1 background

odo = 2 background

they moved the odometer leds a bit to the top on the board and placed them sideways instead of "up and down" with the pads to the top and bottom
and again like in * same thing in bold

i miss counted...they removed 5 leds in total
Old 10-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #1186
Rashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rashnu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i miss counted...they removed 5 leds in total
Old 10-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #1187

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashnu View Post
that cookie you ate earlier has you wide awake now...
Old 10-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #1188
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So that's why he was in the ghetto earlier...
Old 10-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #1189
Rashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rashnu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's a good thing too! I am almost done with the patio lighting. And I still have to hit the gym
Old 10-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #1190

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
So that's why he was in the ghetto earlier...
Lol naw I was San berduecky from 6-9 pm tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashnu View Post
It's a good thing too! I am almost done with the patio lighting. And I still have to hit the gym
This foo...
Old 10-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #1191
AZDesertTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Pamela
AZDesertTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Very interesting.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #1192

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
What?
Old 10-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #1195

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ that
Old 10-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #1196
arnette64 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alexandre
arnette64's Tacoma Gallery
Does somebody have a video of their custom cluster in action at night?? Give a much better idea of what it looks!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #1197

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have one

Anyone???
Old 10-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #1198
Air Force:
Is this what you're looking for? 2010 gauges changed to white with red needles. Switches and steering wheel changed to red. I'm leaving the radio, clock, and climate controls orange until I get my Entune unit installed.

Video here
Old 11-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #1199
arnette64 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alexandre
arnette64's Tacoma Gallery
That's exactly what i was looking for!! Thank you very much, after watching this, i need to swapped mine ;P
Old 11-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #1200

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
do it haha...

alot of members have been contacting me lately...thought this was dead but ive done 8 swaps in the last month

Products Discussed in this Thread