Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

2nd Gen LED Dash/Radio swap

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #1501
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuprofelin View Post
To be honest I'm not quite sure, haha, I don't even know if JBL is an option for the Corolla :x

I'm going to swap out the headunit for something else at some point anyhow, so I suppose it doesn't matter much. Next thing I want though is a backup camera. The back window is tinted and it's hard to back in now haha
Gotcha!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #1502
tacomavegas is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 823d Combat Rescue
tacomavegas's Tacoma Gallery
My lights finally made it to me!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #1503
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Doing this on another members 2nd gen, words of advice the little notch on the LEDs goes towards the little white dots near the circuit. Also do one led at a time and check them haha had a couple that were bad and kept switching them with nothing
Old 10-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #1504
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
^^at first that's how I did it, now I just do the whole swap then check
Old 10-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #1505
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomavegas View Post
My lights finally made it to me!
So are you going to give a try? Or you going to ship it down?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #1506
miacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
miacevedo's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, we need to get together soon so you can finish up some of the things I need
Old 10-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #1507
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
I know man...I think the best bet would be going on a Sunday and meet in mo val
Old 10-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #1508
miacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
miacevedo's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, that would work. I'll be in touch... waiting for some things to come in
Old 10-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #1509
millewalkee is on a distinguished road

millewalkee's Tacoma Gallery
I've never soldered shit, but I really want to do the dash mod. Think it's wise to give it a shot? I'm in FL so I'm not sure if there's anyone close to ship them to...
Old 10-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #1510
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Just youtube the basics, also order a few extra just in case
Old 10-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #1511
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by millewalkee View Post
I've never soldered shit, but I really want to do the dash mod. Think it's wise to give it a shot? I'm in FL so I'm not sure if there's anyone close to ship them to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellassaiw10 View Post
Just youtube the basics, also order a few extra just in case
^^this

also ive had people ship me their cluster from all over the country and canada/central america
Old 10-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #1512
millewalkee is on a distinguished road

millewalkee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
^^this

also ive had people ship me their cluster from all over the country and canada/central america
Cool, I'll take a look and see if I think I can handle it. More than likely you'll be hearing from me though.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #1513
tacomavegas is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 823d Combat Rescue
tacomavegas's Tacoma Gallery
I was honestly waiting to see if you'd be up to it
when you were in Vegas but if you didn't do it
then, than ya I'd ship it to you.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #1514
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by millewalkee View Post
Cool, I'll take a look and see if I think I can handle it. More than likely you'll be hearing from me though.
alright sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomavegas View Post
I was honestly waiting to see if you'd be up to it
when you were in Vegas but if you didn't do it
then, than ya I'd ship it to you.
i was suppose to be in vegas tomorrow, but some things came up so im not sure when ill be going now let me know
Old 10-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #1515
gmattorano will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Retired
Name: Gino
gmattorano's Tacoma Gallery
I have an '06 Tacoma and the SRS Light isn't working. I know it's the light, because I swapped out the gauge cluster and it works just fine. However, I don't want to go through the trouble/expense of getting the new gauge cluster odometer reset. Is that something you could repair? Let me know what you think.

- Gino
Old 10-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #1516
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
SR5 light?
Where's that at? Never seen one on the 2nd gen dash
Old 10-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #1517

Quote:
SR5 light?
Where's that at? Never seen one on the 2nd gen dash
SRS (supplemental restraint system) -it's the airbag light.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #1518
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Lol no one calls if that
But gotcha. Got any pics of the light itself? To see if it's something if it's fixable?
Also there's a closer to you member on here that does to swap as well in Denver (yosh2000) not sure how far you are from him
Old 10-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #1520

Quote:
Lol no one calls if that
But gotcha. Got any pics of the light itself? To see if it's something if it's fixable?
Also there's a closer to you member on here that does to swap as well in Denver (yosh2000) not sure how far you are from him
Well, the dealership and the service manual call it that, but it's the one that comes on for about 5 seconds when you first turn the switch to on. It looks like a person sitting with a balloon in front of them, and it's under the tach.

In any case, yosh2000 is very close to me, so I'll check with him. Thanks!

Products Discussed in this Thread