Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

2nd Gen LED Dash/Radio swap

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #1601
jasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: joshua
jasclair's Tacoma Gallery
Do I need to buy LEds for the steering wheel? if so how many?
Old 07-08-2014, 09:58 PM   #1602
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasclair View Post
Do I need to buy LEds for the steering wheel? if so how many?
What year truck? Different between certain years
Old 07-08-2014, 10:46 PM   #1603
jasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shedjasclair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2010.... I'm assuming one LeD per button..
Old 07-08-2014, 10:54 PM   #1604
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2010.... I'm assuming one LeD per button..
Pretty much.
Left side (volume, channel change etc) it's 3
Pass side (Bluetooth) 2 since one is blank
Old 07-19-2014, 02:00 AM   #1605

What do I need to replace the button leds? Fogs etc...
Old 07-19-2014, 09:00 AM   #1606
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do I need to replace the button leds? Fogs etc...
I cant be telling you my secrets jkjk

Pmd
Old 07-19-2014, 10:47 AM   #1607

jerez, is that 2012 AC/climate control you have? if so how did you wire it cause its not plug and play is it?
Old 07-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #1608
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
jerez, is that 2012 AC/climate control you have? if so how did you wire it cause its not plug and play is it?
It's not the 12. Its my stock unit
No the 12+ is not plug and play
Old 07-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #1609

Ok cause I'm having trouble prying the silver trim from the AC and it's a pain in the ass. Just curious how did you cut them before prying it
Old 07-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #1610

deciced to just dremel saw the plastic off to get to the orange film.. much easier just have to be careful
Old 07-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #1611
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok cause I'm having trouble prying the silver trim from the AC and it's a pain in the ass. Just curious how did you cut them before prying it
Quote:
deciced to just dremel saw the plastic off to get to the orange film.. much easier just have to be careful
I just used and exacto knife
But I guess that works too lol
Old 07-19-2014, 03:22 PM   #1612

ya you just have to be careful that you dont drill a hole through the orange film. But just curious why isnt the 2012 climate controls plug and play cause i have heard mixed reviews saying they can but with an exception to the blue and red temperature knobs? what happens to those?
Old 07-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #1613
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ya you just have to be careful that you dont drill a hole through the orange film. But just curious why isnt the 2012 climate controls plug and play cause i have heard mixed reviews saying they can but with an exception to the blue and red temperature knobs? what happens to those?
Because it uses a different small plug. You need to cut your stock plug and add the new one so the it can be plugged in
Old 07-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #1614

question...

are the 11 LED's used for the background include the P R D N L1234 Lettering as well? OR do i need more LED's for those? Cause i want to make them cool white when they arent in use but when is use still have the original colors.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:08 AM   #1615

Which LEDs and how many are used for the hazard/clock background as well as the temp/direction displays?
Old 07-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #1616

Sorry for all the questions but I have been slowly switching my LEDs out.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #1617
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Which LEDs and how many are used for the hazard/clock background as well as the temp/direction displays?
Quote:
Sorry for all the questions but I have been slowly switching my LEDs out.
hazard i dont change...no need to and it will always be red anyways.
clock is the plcc-4 leds
and the others are soldered led 3mm and 5 mm leds (not the twist on ones weve talked about before...)
Old 07-29-2014, 08:13 PM   #1618
xtoplinex is on a distinguished road

Name: Miguel
xtoplinex's Tacoma Gallery
I might just get my LED's switched on my cluster. Hmm
Old 07-29-2014, 09:40 PM   #1619
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoplinex View Post
I might just get my LED's switched on my cluster. Hmm
finally joined eh miguel? truck looking sweet as usual!
Old 07-29-2014, 11:12 PM   #1620
xtoplinex is on a distinguished road

Name: Miguel
xtoplinex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
finally joined eh miguel? truck looking sweet as usual!
Yes sir, and thank you. Haha XRU seems alittle dead nowadays, it's alittle sad actually. I remember I was one of first people to join that site too. This site looks great, and is very informative. I might just stick around for a while.

Products Discussed in this Thread