Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Wanting to put aftermarket fog lights can I use existing wire harness

Old 06-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
Darren3504 is on a distinguished road
Darren3504's Tacoma Gallery
Wanting to put aftermarket fog lights can I use existing wire harness

I have a 2007 Tacoma and i have discovered that my truck has been prewired from factory for fog lights. All i need is a relay, switch, and the lights. Not wanting to pay toyota prices im thinking of buying aftermarket lights and if the existing wiring under my bumper for the fog lights doesnt fit the lights i buy using the plugs for the lights i buy and cutting of the existing plugs that were run for the fog lights and just splicing in the plugs for the new lights. Should work shouldnt it. Should just be a hot and neg right. Then get the factory switch and theres a place in my fuse box under the hood for the fog light relay. Anybody done this?Will it work? Advice welcomed
Old 06-16-2011, 01:44 AM   #2
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
you are correct.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
gnarcal is one of the sharper tools in the shedgnarcal is one of the sharper tools in the shedgnarcal is one of the sharper tools in the shedgnarcal is one of the sharper tools in the shedgnarcal is one of the sharper tools in the shedgnarcal is one of the sharper tools in the shedgnarcal is one of the sharper tools in the shedgnarcal is one of the sharper tools in the shedgnarcal is one of the sharper tools in the shedgnarcal is one of the sharper tools in the shedgnarcal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Max
gnarcal's Tacoma Gallery
Darren
Did your plan to add the relay, lights and factory switch work?
I'm trying to do the same thing right now but I'm getting frustrated.
Right now I am waiting for my 12v 30amp relay to be delivered.In the mean time I tried out a relay from the auto shop. It fits but I'm not sure of the voltage and amperage ratings. Nevertheless the system has yet to work. The first time I had it all connected there was a brief low intensity flash and then nothing. I am hoping its just an incorrect relay. My last resort will be to use the aftermarket wire harness provided with the fog light kit.