Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

OEM Fog Switch to PIAA 510s...

Old 07-01-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
claw is on a distinguished road
Name: Cam
claw's Tacoma Gallery
OEM Fog Switch to PIAA 510s...

I know this probably was asked but the search button did not produce the results I want. I just ordered the OEM fog light switch for my PIAA 510 fog lights that have been installed for a while now. I was wondering how to wire the switch up to the PIAA harness. The switch from PIAA has three wires (Power to the switch, signal to the relay, and a ground). Now I am assuming since everyone else has done it that the method PIAA uses (connecting power to relay) would work with the OEM switch (connecting to ground). I can't think of a reason that would be a problem. What I want to know is the wiring for the OEM switch. What I've gathered is the bottom two are for the illumination (very bottom goes to ground, 2nd up comes from other light source?) Then the top two are for the switch, and probably doesn't matter the order. So for this set up, could I have the power come in from the harness and go to the middle two (providing illumination and the signal for the switch), the top post go back to the relay, and the bottom go to ground? It makes sense to me but I have everything working now with the PIAA switch and really want to get the OEM switch in there and STILL have everything work.

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
Bill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the rough

Bill in Ky's Tacoma Gallery
scroll down about half way
there is a thumbnail labeling the wires

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...0-tacomas.html
Old 07-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
claw's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Bill, I will give it a try when the switch comes in!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
claw's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect, Thanks everyone it worked like a charm. It really wasn't too hard to solder the wires directly to the connectors. The way I did it, with 1 and 3 connected, 2 ground, and 4 to relay, doesn't match OEM lighting. It is lit when the lights are on and it is off when they are off. But I can always find the button and like being able to tell what is on.

Thanks