1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED Light (Wired Version) Poll

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by flyzeye designs, Jul 7, 2011.

?

Are you interested in a wired version of the TCMA-0511 V1 LED Light?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2011.
  1. Yes. I'm interested and ready to buy one now!

39.5%
  2. Yes. I'm interested and would likely purchase before Xmas.

40.7%
  3. Yes. But, I think it will be too expensive and probably won't actually purchase.

15.1%
  4. No. I have no interest in a wired version.

4.7%
  1. Jul 23, 2011 at 1:34 AM
    503TRD

503TRD Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Front Bilstein 5100's Set @ 2.5", Rear Bilstein 5100's, Rear TSB, Rear 1.5" ToyTec AAL, 1" CB Drop Kit, N-Fab Nerf Steps, WeatherTech All Weather Rubber Floor Mats, Grillcraft Grill(Upper/Lower), Blacked Out AC Condenser/Radiator, Tinted Front Windows, Vision X H4 SuperWhite Headlights, Halo H10 Solaris Yellow 45w 3000k Fog Lights, K&N Air Filter, Removed Front Mud Flaps, 18" MagnaFlow Muffler, Chrome Exhaust Tip, TRD Logo Leather Shift Knob, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, LED Reverse Lights, LED Auxiliary Reverse Lights, Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Redline Tuning Elite Hood Struts, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, Foglights Anytime, ScanGauge II, 13" Stubby Antenna, Flyzeye Design LED Light, Cobra 19 CB Radio/Firestik II Antenna, 18x9 Raceline Raptors, LT275/70/18 Hankook Dynapro ATm, 1.25" Sidertrax Wheel Spacers, Heated Front Seats, LED Tailgate Bar, 11" Double Row LED Bar Behind Grill
    Any news or updates on the product yet? Release?

2. Jul 23, 2011 at 1:39 AM
    flyzeye designs

flyzeye designs [OP] Revised Company Logo

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    double-cab long-bed 4X4 debadged TRD Sport
    6 inch lift, tinted windows, custom tail lights, custom Red/White/Red-Black FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0513 V2W interior light Custom Powder-Coated Devil Horns by Andres
    We are moving forward with this product. Thanks to all those who voted!!!

Expect an initial pilot release within 90 days (barring any supplier issues). :) I will make posts when parts are in house and actual production has started.

Tenitively, it will be known as the TCMA-0511 V2W.

3. Jul 23, 2011 at 1:53 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    6 inch lift, tinted windows, custom tail lights, custom Red/White/Red-Black FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0513 V2W interior light Custom Powder-Coated Devil Horns by Andres
    The TCMA-0511 V2W will look identical to the V1 with the exception of the electrical contacts (visible when the unit is dismounted). These contacts will mate to two pads on the mounting plate which, in turn will be wired to the lighting circuit. Once all instructions are formally decided, we will likely generate another 'installation' page for the V2W. We do NOT expect ANY drilling but do suspect the need for a very small notch on the lower most edge of the stereo trim plastic (just above the HVAC control panel). We'll show the details IF these are needed.

We will NOT be releasing electrical diagrams of the unit itself. However, we will indicate that the unit will be a 12VDC system using the Tacoma's lighting circuit (12VDC) as well as the current V1 batteries (used when the unit is dismounted - say, when you want to mount it to your bed rail loading / unloading on a REALLY dark night as a last resort).

The dimming will be controlled from the TSDC circuit. You will be able to fine tune the dimming (via the TSDC contacts) relative to the Tacoma's interior lighting to suit your needs.

As on the V1, the V2W will have the 3-positon OFF/Primary/Secondary control switch. You may elect to shut off the unit completely at times without the need to adjust the dimming.

The unit may be dismounted for utility use under seats (dropped keys), in the glove box, or outside the vehicle for whatever reason (no, it's NOT a flash light but it can be useful in emergencies).

Notes, the V2W will NOT work on current V1 mounting plates.

More notes to follow. Hope this answers some questions...

4. Jul 24, 2011 at 11:58 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    :popcorn:

5. Jul 27, 2011 at 10:49 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    sounds good.
    :thumbsup:

6. Jul 28, 2011 at 6:57 PM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    Man that sounds cool as fuck..can't wait!

7. Jul 28, 2011 at 10:26 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Nicely put! :)

8. Aug 4, 2011 at 4:22 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Enter, the music to Jepardy... and something about good things are worth waiting for (we hope).

9. Aug 9, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    WYOTAC

WYOTAC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Santa Barbara
    Vehicle:
    06 AC TRD OffRoad Desert Sand
    ICON 2.5 with JBA UCA, OME Dakar
    agreed!

10. Aug 12, 2011 at 1:40 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    All, I may not be able to answer your questions or comments for a short time. I'm heading to Japan for about a month and a half on business. I should be able to respond, but IF I don't, please don't be offended.

We are still working on the V2W. My travel will NOT affect the release date. Parts are being ordered so, we are getting close to a release date. I will keep you (and your bags of popped corn) informed.

Please email dennis@flyzeye-designs.com with general questions, or scott@flyzeye-designs.com for financial questions if I don't respond here.

Thanks for your support and continued patience!

11. Aug 12, 2011 at 1:46 AM
    707tothe907

707tothe907 Superior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Chico NorCal
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Off Road
    Darren, I recomend you put this in your opening post so people see it more clearly before it gets buried in pages of questions.

12. Aug 12, 2011 at 2:03 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Good idea. Thanks! I just copied this to the first post in this thread. :)

13. Aug 12, 2011 at 2:33 AM
    jsrocket469

jsrocket469 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    05 DblCab 4x4
    NEW EMERALD GREEN METALIC PAINT, BUSWACKER FENDER FLARES, 6" PROCOMP LIFT, 35" NITTO MUD TERRAINS ON 20" BLACK CROME RIMS, CUSTOM SOUND, K&N FILTER AND INTAKE, MAGNAFLO CAT BACK STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, AUTOMATIC DROP DOWN SIDE STEPS, 4:88 GEARS

How long do the batteries last on the V1?

I would like the green/white - Military discount shipped price?

14. Aug 12, 2011 at 3:24 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    We've seen batteries last over a year. If you forget to turn it off, that will obviously affect the battery life. So far, we haven't had any complaints regarding battery life. However, we are finalizing a wired version (the V2W) which should be released in the next 60 days - hopefully less.

The V1 is currently on sale for $49.75 + shipping (down from $70.00 retail). We are including the white reflective LOGO decals (regularly $8.00) with all V1 orders.

We absolutely appreciate your service to this country. Dennis did 28 years in the USN and retired as a Master Chief. I did 5 years. We understand your sacrifice first hand.

15. Aug 12, 2011 at 5:50 AM
    resq330

resq330 El' Capi-Tan

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    VA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM DCSB TRD-Sport
    K&N Drop-In, Dick Cepek 'Torque' Wheels, Wet Okole Seat Covers, LED Interior

Just noticed there appears to be a typo in that first email address....no? :confused:

16. Aug 12, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    You are correct. Thanks for the correction! Whoops...

17. Sep 9, 2011 at 8:56 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    How about an update?

18. Sep 10, 2011 at 2:02 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Still finalizing the details. I am in Japan still working with some vendors on a few parts. I hope to have these details ironed out very soon.

We are working as quickly as possible to release V2W and are aware that many of you are anxious about the release. We apologize for the delays but cannot afford to release a bad product. We also sincerely appreciate everyone's patience as we work to release this product.

Thanks for your continued interest!

19. Sep 10, 2011 at 8:21 AM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    Thats cool, if you remember I purchased a battery one from you not long ago, however I traded my 09 in for a 2011, so I want to try the wired version this time around.

20. Sep 10, 2011 at 3:57 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    When we do finally release the V2W, and if you indeed purchase a wired unit, remind us about the V1 you ordered... We'll hook you up with an additional discount. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top