Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Aux reverse lights

Old 07-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
rrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud of

Marines:
Name: Richard
rrh_2's Tacoma Gallery
Aux reverse lights

I got my windows tinted as dark as I could and one of the cons is that at night it is impossible to see when backing up is it possible to wire the lights to the tail lights with out messing anything up? Or do I need to use a switch
Old 07-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Littlebro 5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Littlebro 5's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like it's OK. I wired some cheapie 55w aftermarket "burners" from walmart to my back w/o problem. Grounded them to the trailer hitch frame mount. Screwed them in onto pre=existing holes. Wired the on/off via a relay to the power in my reverse lights (popped off the taillight cover, there's just enough room to squeeze a relay and splice in to the hot wire), and ran a wire from my battery back along the frame into that taillight. Took maybe an hour.