1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

halo projector lights worth it?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by MarinePhoenix2207, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Jul 17, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    MarinePhoenix2207

MarinePhoenix2207 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Jersey (yes, there's a North and South)
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD sport
    bug/debris deflector, hose clamp mod, G4 elite fold-a-cover, Westin black nerf bars, Weathertech floor mats, 285/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, MO951 black Moto Metals 17x9, Pop n' Lock w b/u camera, "TRD" third brake light mod, 13" black FA-series antenna, 20% front 5% rear tint, painted badges mod, rear diff breather mod, Thule 400xt Aero roof rack, Westin Sportsman black grille guard, silver pinstripe removed, Tacoma short bed bedmat, 3" Toytec Bilstein adjustable lift kit w 5100 shocks and 2" lift AAL, Redline Tuning Quicklift Plus, Rockford Fosgate sound system w/ Kenwood h/u
    I saw a few threads on here about folks who got the halo projectors and how some people got rid of them. I talked to a truck accessories store manager and he said that they're not worth the money seeing as how he is constantly replacing them for people b/c they burn out easily. So, those of you who had/have them, what do you think? Yes or No?

2. Jul 20, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    MarinePhoenix2207

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD sport
    bug/debris deflector, hose clamp mod, G4 elite fold-a-cover, Westin black nerf bars, Weathertech floor mats, 285/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, MO951 black Moto Metals 17x9, Pop n' Lock w b/u camera, "TRD" third brake light mod, 13" black FA-series antenna, 20% front 5% rear tint, painted badges mod, rear diff breather mod, Thule 400xt Aero roof rack, Westin Sportsman black grille guard, silver pinstripe removed, Tacoma short bed bedmat, 3" Toytec Bilstein adjustable lift kit w 5100 shocks and 2" lift AAL, Redline Tuning Quicklift Plus, Rockford Fosgate sound system w/ Kenwood h/u
    Ok, so if no one can help me with that question, how about another. What's a good brand name of halo projector lights.

3. Jul 20, 2011 at 8:56 AM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    No they are not high quality lights.... if you want a real halo projector setup, you're gonna have to build one yourself thanks to the people at the retrofit source. The ones you buy on ebay are cheap projector-like headlights. If you are going for purely style, they're not all that bad. Don't expect a lot of light output though

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Jul 20, 2011 at 8:58 AM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    I had the 2nd gen. Anzo eagle eye projectors in black. They cost over $300 at autoanything.com. I absolutely didn't think they were worth the money. I practically gave them away. I now have the smoked stock trd lights. I bought these off a guy over on CT. I really like these lights. The stock lights are so much brighter and put our a wider light pattern. Don't waste your money man. Just my 2 penny's!

5. Jul 20, 2011 at 9:07 AM
    MarinePhoenix2207

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD sport

So... stronger bulbs? HIDs? What would it take for a better ouput in the ebay-version projector?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Jul 20, 2011 at 9:11 AM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    Even if you put hid's in them. They will still probably fog up or leak water. The halo's burn out too. If you want projectors. Do the retrofit!

7. Jul 20, 2011 at 9:47 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    the cut off is hideous and so is the light out put. this is not opinion it is a fact..

if you want to deviate from the factory headlights to get better light out put a full retrofit is what you want to do. then the light out put will rival the best and most expensive cars on the road today.

there are many choices of projectors and bulbs and even ballasts on theretrofitsource.com. both matt and nate are awesome guy's they will set you up with a nice package.

bear in mind though that if you frequently off road your truck i would stay away from projectors of large size as they may require cutting of the back of the headlight housing which will diminish their effectiveness in water crossings and or make them more prone to take on moisture.

i would recommend morimoto mini's or fxr projectors.

8. Jul 20, 2011 at 9:52 AM
    MarinePhoenix2207

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD sport
    Do those offer a high and low beam (with or without a bi-xenon)?

Products Discussed in

To Top