1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

fog light install

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by dayNnite4, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Jul 21, 2011 at 4:37 PM
    dayNnite4

dayNnite4 [OP] We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 5-speed AC
    just got my oem fog lights and there r a couple plugs i dont understand. one has an inline fuse with a small plug at the end and another plug with 4 plugs at the end but only 1 has a connector in it. im pretty good with this stuff so b4 i go too in depth on here with pics and everything bc i havent even attempted to install yet, im just wondering if im going to be looking in the right spot. i kno theres a whole bunch of plugs behind this panel kinda of in between the door frame and pedals..its like an L shaped panel that snaps out. will the receptacles for these plugs most likely be in there?

2. Jul 21, 2011 at 4:40 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    i can't understand your post. from what i can gather, you have a bunch of "plugs" and you don't know where they go. on most fog light sets, one light will connect to the other at some point, they will both connect to a relay somewhere, and the relay will connect to the battery and a switch

3. Jul 21, 2011 at 9:48 PM
    dayNnite4

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 5-speed AC
    theres a plug to connect to the fog light wiring, a plug to connect to the switch, a plug with a inline fuse and another unknown plug. theres 2 empty tabs in the engine fusebox that i assume the plug with the fuse would attach to and the other plug ties into the parking lights i beleive. if im correct that the wire/plug with the fuse connect to the battery/fusebox then my only question would be where does the plug that ties into the parking lights go?

4. Aug 15, 2011 at 6:43 PM
    Silvert

Silvert Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma reg. cab.,5sp., 4 cyl.
    I have the same problem. The lights, grounds are wired, the switch is in and ready, but I have a black fuse box with white wires and one open end with a brown plug. And..another wire that is red with a white plug with about 5 small "holes" like it is to be plugged in. The directions say the red should go to the battery and the white to the parking light wire. Humm..why the plugs then. Does anyone have a clearer diagram or photos?
    Thanks,
    Jeff/silvert

5. Aug 16, 2011 at 4:10 PM
    dayNnite4

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 5-speed AC
    i ended up looking at the wire going into the parking lights in the headlight and then looking at a harness under the dash and was lucky enought o pick the right wire based on color to splice it to. mine had plugs but they were useless. i have a wire going from a empty spot in the fuse box in the engine bay as a 12v source and another wire spliced into the parking light wire

Products Discussed in

To Top