LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

PIAA 5454 Kit

Old 07-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
PIAA 5454 Kit

Does anyone know where I can buy just the mounting kit for PIAA's 5454 kit? This is the kit that allows you to mount PIAA 540 lamps in the stock fog light location. I do not want the lamps, just the mounting kit.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Your going to have to find a PIAA retailer who is willing to call to see if they can order them separately. I have never seen them sold separately.
I was actually half hoping to catch the attention of one of the vendors to see if they've ever sold just the mounting kit. I'm sure which ones have a relationship with PIAA though.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #5

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The only one in the vendor list who is likely to handle PIAA is Sierra Expeditions. Not sure if they really do
I was actually looking through their website and I couldn't even find the 5454 kit listed! I think I'll try to PM them and see if they're willing to deal. Thanks for the help!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:18 AM   #7

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The only one in the vendor list who is likely to handle PIAA is Sierra Expeditions. Not sure if they really do
I tried Sierra and they also have never seen the parts of the kit separately but said if I could get them a part number, they could most likely get the part.

So, anyone who has installed the 5454 kit have a parts list that came with the installation instructions??
Old 07-27-2011, 05:20 AM   #8
arkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant future
Army: AH-64D Armament/Electrical/Avionics Systems Repairer
Name: James
arkansasman5's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried contacting PIAA directly?
Old 07-27-2011, 05:32 AM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansasman5 View Post
Have you tried contacting PIAA directly?
Not on this issue, I haven't had good luck in the past getting ahold of anyone from PIAA. I suppose I should give it a shot though
Old 07-27-2011, 05:33 AM   #10

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
immma lookin............

see em for the tundra boys

http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr....0.0.0.0?pp=8&
I thought that was weird, I found that same web page where they sell mounting kits w/out lights for certain vehicles but not all.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #11

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yo

this is from an ad selling "Replacement Plastic lens Fog Light
App: 2007-2011 Toyota Tundra "

look EXTREMELY familiar?

http://www.racepages.com/parts/fog_l...ta/tundra.html
Hmmm... interesting. I sent PIAA an e-mail and will call in a few hours when I'm off for lunch. That looks promising though and even if it's close, I'm not afraid to 'tweek' a kit to make it work correctly, I'm just not up for fabrication!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:49 AM   #12
GSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Ron
GSRON's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Hmmm... interesting. I sent PIAA an e-mail and will call in a few hours when I'm off for lunch. That looks promising though and even if it's close, I'm not afraid to 'tweek' a kit to make it work correctly, I'm just not up for fabrication!
Why tweek anything when there's a specific, model correct kit???

http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr....20200.0.0.0.0
Old 07-27-2011, 06:51 AM   #13

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lemme know how it goes buddy.............

Imma go lay down now, my backs killin me.
Thanks for the help, I'm going for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSRON View Post
Why tweek anything when there's a specific, model correct kit???

http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr....20200.0.0.0.0
Because I can get a set of 540's used and I'll only need the mounting kit from that vehicle specific kit. The problem is, I can't find just the mounting kit for sale anywhere so I'm going to use the Tundra kit and 'make it work'.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #14

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anytime...............keep us updated
Update:
I spoke with PIAA and there's a reason they don't sell just the mounting kit for the 5454 kit... Apparently it's not a 540 light that's used. They use the lens from the 540 series light but the housing and bracketry is different and assembled at PIAA before shipping. Already committed to buying the 540's, looks like I'm winging it...

EDIT: Now going back and forth with PIAA via e-mail. First response:
That kit does not have the brackets listed separately. They only come in the kit.
I countered saying I purchased what I thought was supposed to be the kit and only came with the lamps to try and pry a little more. His first response was a little too short and stated what I already knew. Second response:
Michael tell me who the seller is and I will call him...
I responded it was a private sale and am waiting for their final response which I'm guessing will be very similar to their first response. So far no mention of the housing themselves being different which is what their Customer Service told me over the phone...
Old 07-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #15

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sometimes we gotta take the machete to the brush ourselves and clear a path........

Good luck, sorry I couldnt be any further help.......

oh thats comical.........whats he gunna do, go looking for Richard Cranium?
Haha, I know right? That's what I intend to do, I've used lots of other people's write ups from this site so I'll bite the bullet and be the guinea pig for this one

If all goes well I'll have a set of factory fogs for sale in a little while!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:36 AM   #16

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I sent out a PM to someone here that purchased and mounted the 5454 kit and it appears PIAA isn't BSing me. I guess the housings actually are different
Quote:
The housing on the 5454 kit 540's has a molded rubber backing that is secured by the mounting bracket, the rubber back is shaped kind of like a top hat. The Mounting bracket is just a circular piece that mates up to the back of the 540, holding the rubber back on. It has two tongues that mate up on either side with the Tacoma's stock mounting holes, and then is held on with a bolt, nut, and large washer. I don't have any pics of the mount or lights, and it would be pretty difficult to get one, since there isn't any space.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #17
swendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
swendling12's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm... Looks familiar.

I should add though, I was able to swap the driving light lens that comes in the 5454 kit with a fog light lens that I bought. It's just a matter of changing the housings. If you could some how get the parts from Piaa it would be really easy. I don't see why they couldn't send you the rubber back piece and metal bracket.

Also, the 540 light doesn't really fit too well in the fog light hole in our bumpers.

I personally wasn't pleased with the fitment, I was hoping at the price I paid for them, that it would fit a lot cleaner.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:03 AM   #18

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swendling12 View Post
Hmm... Looks familiar.

I should add though, I was able to swap the driving light lens that comes in the 5454 kit with a fog light lens that I bought. It's just a matter of changing the housings. If you could some how get the parts from Piaa it would be really easy. I don't see why they couldn't send you the rubber back piece and metal bracket.

Also, the 540 light doesn't really fit too well in the fog light hole in our bumpers.

I personally wasn't pleased with the fitment, I was hoping at the price I paid for them, that it would fit a lot cleaner.
I erased the names to protect the innocent

I purchased the fog lights and am still dealing with PIAA's customer service to try and get the mount kit. So far they seem pretty set that they won't sell me any parts! My next course of action may be to tell them I bought the 5454 kit and broke some of the parts and see if I can get replacement parts. I'm not sure why they're being so obstinate, I'm not trying to get anything free and constantly keep telling them, I'll buy the parts, please tell me what I need!

I saw your install thread and one other. The second install seemed to sit recessed a little more than yours so I'm hoping with a little pursuasion I'll get them to sit like I want.

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #19

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Updated response from PIAA, they are looking into breaking apart a kit and selling me the components I would need

Anyone looking to buy a set of 540's and piece together a kit, unless you're planning on doing some fab work yourself, it's not worth it! It took several e-mails and phone calls to even get them to consider selling me the parts and I still don't know if they're going to or not. Save yourself the headache and get the 510's
Old 07-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #20

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
happy customers buy more stuff right?
That's what I've politely been telling them! If they play ball, I'll buy the fit kit from them as long as it's not outrageously priced. Should just be a boot and bracket.