Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Dome light

Old 07-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
MedicalTacoma is on a distinguished road
MedicalTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Dome light

Installed a Festoon Bulb LED from superbrightleds into my Dome light, i have noticed when i open the door its barely on like its only getting partial power then when i start the car it gets bright like its suppose to be, also if the truck is off i can turn on the 2 front lights on the interior and it will again gain brightness to how it is suppose to be, turn them off it dims to almost nothing kinda flashing. Any suggestions?
Old 07-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
Hmm well looks awesome when its bright lol. just not when its dim was only like 10 bucks or something maybe not even think it was like 5 lol. So guess it doesnt matter have old one in a little bag in the glove box.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
My dome light stopped working in my 2003, so I stopped bothering with it. Let me know if you come up with a fix.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same problem with an LED domelight in my 04 prerunner. i agree that its probably a problem with all first gens...
Old 07-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
Seems to just have to do with the power that gets to that while the truck is off because if you use other things it will get a burst of power. Probably needs basically a power booster on its line, but no idea how that would work out.