Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

no reverse lights

Old 07-31-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Angry no reverse lights

My reverse lights recently went out. The bulbs are fine and the fuses are fine. I used an electrical tester on the plug into the bulb and there is no power to it. There is power to the fuse though. Any suggestions?
Old 07-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
My reverse lights recently went out. The bulbs are fine and the fuses are fine. I used an electrical tester on the plug into the bulb and there is no power to it. There is power to the fuse though. Any suggestions?
Sounds like the switch on the transmission is out to me.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
That was a thought. I went to look for it but there are four different wires coming out of the transmission.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
Firefighter:
Quote:
Would you happen to know where the switch is on the transmission?
Old 08-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
-Don-
donaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to all

Name: Donald
donaldwagner's Tacoma Gallery
hmm mine havent worked since i bought it, i just tap the brake lights when backing up and open the slider
Old 08-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
Would you happen to know where the switch is on the transmission?
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/

You might look there for a picture. Do all four wires come out of the same plug or switch? You should have a switch for the 4x4 light on the dash and then a switch for the reverse lights. Usually the reverse switch is somewhere on the side of the transmission.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldwagner View Post
hmm mine havent worked since i bought it, i just tap the brake lights when backing up and open the slider
HA
Old 08-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
Firefighter:
Quote:
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/

You might look there for a picture. Do all four wires come out of the same plug or switch? You should have a switch for the 4x4 light on the dash and then a switch for the reverse lights. Usually the reverse switch is somewhere on the side of the transmission.
Not sure if there is 4 wires, its really hard to see in there. Il take a look at it in the day light. So where would the 4x4 switch be located on the transmission?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
Firefighter:
ok so i took a look at the back up light switch today. i unpluged it and pluged it back in and wiggled it around and nothing happened. I tested the electrical and its fine. So, I made a little by pass thing for it and pluged it in and it worked. so im guessing its the plug that plugs into the transmission.