1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Quick Question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Maverick904, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Jul 31, 2011 at 6:48 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 [OP] Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    Right now I have 2 Westin driving lights on my truck... I belive they are 55w halogen bulbs.

They came with a wiring kit so all was well. However I am planning on gettin a new light bar and adding 2 more lights.

So my question is will I be able to just wire the extra 2 lights in parallel or what? If all Id have to do was add a larger fuse that would be fine.

Im pretty good with wiring so rewiring would not be an issue. Im just not really great on the physics side of things.

Thanks guys.

2. Jul 31, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    Do you know what gauge the existing wire is?

3. Jul 31, 2011 at 7:04 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 [OP] Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    I dont..im tryin to find specs online..

Im figuring ill have to rewire..and since the wiring harness i have is built in and not interchangeable ill probably need a new relay.

so any suggestions there?
    what guage wire?
    how to wire?

also, wheres the link for the toyota fog light switch that fits in the slots?

I know its a lot of questions but the search bar isnt bein very nice to me right now ahah.

Products Discussed in

To Top