LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

help hooking up arb fog lights and turn signal/ dtrl combo on a reg cab..

Old 08-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
help hooking up arb fog lights and turn signal/ dtrl combo on a reg cab..

i have the required harness MD02 and i'm about to begin wiring the fogs and signals but, just like the bumper install the directions are not very clear...

i know i want to hook the fogs into the the low beam wire on the headlight for a specific reason so any help on locating the low beam power wire on the driver side would be a big help.

the turn signal/dtrl combo lamp i have no clue

my truck does not have factory fogs nor does it have dtrl from the factory so what would be the best way to get full functionality with this set-up.

i also don't have a volt meter so this is not helping matters either
Old 08-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i have the required harness MD02 and i'm about to begin wiring the fogs and signals but, just like the bumper install the directions are not very clear...

i know i want to hook the fogs into the the low beam wire on the headlight for a specific reason so any help on locating the low beam power wire on the driver side would be a big help.

the turn signal/dtrl combo lamp i have no clue

my truck does not have factory fogs nor does it have dtrl from the factory so what would be the best way to get full functionality with this set-up.

i also don't have a volt meter so this is not helping matters either
I'm not near my truck so I can't help you with the wiring but a test light can be your best friend when figuring out wiring. Simplier than a volt meter, you just ground it and when you touch something 'hot' it lights up. You should be able to get one cheap at a local auto store or even a place like Sears. Good luck, I'm jealous, I'd love to have an ARB
Old 08-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
ok as of right now i'm ready to begin pulling hair out.

i have the turn signals and marker lights hooked up properly...

now the problem is with the MD02 harness arb sent me to hook up the arb fog lights in the bumper i have followed diagram #1 on the instruction sheet as per the arb tech earlier on the phone. the connections are made at the fogs them selves the relay is plugged in properly the 2 red wires are routed into the cab i even made a ground for the switch the fuse is in the fuse holder ground and power are connected wtf!???

there is one connector i was told i would not need and i was told to cut it off by the tech today but now what do i do with the wires there is a red wire that is one of the switch wires and the is a black wire which i would assume to be a ground how do i make this work and what do i do with the two exposed wires from where i cut the connector off do they go to the trucks harness i was going to put the arb fogs the the low beams on my factory headlights

i need assistance from someone who has hooked these up previously and has experience with arb's fucking retarded wire loom
Old 08-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #7
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know if this is any help.
I wired my fogs without a switch by wiring them to the running lights.
Running lights on fogs on. Headlights on (high or low) fogs on.
You want fogs for daytime running lights just leave running lights on all the time if you have auto shutoff lights like I do.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...hout-fogs.html
Love them 4x4 4Bangers!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #8
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
Do you remember how you wired up the marker lights...I'm at a loss here??
Old 01-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i had actually made this thread before i got the correct harness i was in fact missing a piece.
So I may be missing the correct harness...