Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

retrofit wiring problems!

Old 08-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
retrofit wiring problems!

Been trying to wire my mini d2s up to my 03 tacoma for hours now...more like 4 hours and 47 mins. Its a bi-xenon h4 and I'm using the h4 harness included from TRS. Got everything connected, the three prong input socket thingy was connected like so: black wire prong to tacoma red/green wire prong, red wire prong to tacoma red/yellow wire prong, and blue wire prong to tacoma red/blue wire prong. Fired her up and got high beams, no low beams. Turned my truck off and then switched the red prong with the blue prong on the wire harness thinking this would fix the problem. When I started my truck I had high beams again, and when I went to switch my lever to the high beams position the lights shut off...blew a headlight fuse. Re-enacted scenario on other oem prong input on the right side. Same thing happened. So now I'm out of 10a fuses and clueless as to what I'm doing wrong. I will probably be refreshing this page the rest of the night in hopes of solving my prob. So please help so I can get some rest lol seriously tho.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
MupxMup is on a distinguished road
MupxMup's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest you contact TRS and ask if the wiring is correct.

I had the same problem with my TRS BI-XENON: 9003/H4/HB2 relay harness

The instruction sheet they gave me was wrong and only high beam was working, so I had to switch it up and it worked.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
SpringSlinger is on a distinguished road
SpringSlinger's Tacoma Gallery
@ mupxmup

I just installed the same kit, plugged everything in as it was shipped to me from TRS, and just had high beams. When you say you "switched it up" what wires did you switch?
Old 12-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
MupxMup is on a distinguished road
MupxMup's Tacoma Gallery
The wires u suppose to connect to the lights, connect it to the ballast. The wires that u're suppose to connect to the ballast, connect them to the lights.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #5
dantastic is on a distinguished road
dantastic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringSlinger View Post
@ mupxmup

I just installed the same kit, plugged everything in as it was shipped to me from TRS, and just had high beams. When you say you "switched it up" what wires did you switch?
I had the exact same problem. The diagram on the TRS website IS WRONG. The plugs for the ballast and bi-xenon solenoids are switched around. Took me 30min and 2 fuses to figure it out
Old 12-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
Took me like 4 nights and 5 fuses to figure it out lol.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
muisejt is a jewel in the roughmuisejt is a jewel in the roughmuisejt is a jewel in the rough
muisejt's Tacoma Gallery
had the same problem yesterday, took 5 minutes searching hid planet forum and zero fuses
Old 12-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #9
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
The instructions on the TRS website has the plug in connections mixed up. I turned on my lights and I could hear the solenoids. Switched the plugs and then I had lights.