Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fighter Jet light switch?

Old 08-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
adammikolon will become famous soon enoughadammikolon will become famous soon enough
Name: Adam
adammikolon's Tacoma Gallery
Question Fighter Jet light switch?

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...11023/10002/-1
I was thinking about getting a switch like this, not necessarily this exact one, for my driving lights so that I can mount the switch without worrying about it getting turned on accidentally. Plus I think it would look awesome

I would be using the switch with a pair of 130w KC Daylighters. I'm kind of retarded when it comes to electronics so could anyone tell me if this switch would work?
Old 08-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
adammikolon will become famous soon enoughadammikolon will become famous soon enough
P.S. the switch is rated for 20 amps but there's also a 25 amp switch, and I don't know if I would need the 25 amp one or if that would even be enough
Old 08-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Nawwwwwzzzzzz switch.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
MacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
MacGyvR's Tacoma Gallery
Someday, when I am rich enough to afford a locker, I'm going to buy a switch like that that will engage it. And a red light needs to be installed somewhere.... You can't have a switch like that without a corresponding red light!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
relay em for safety and a fuse
The lights are currently hooked up with a relay and fuse and the switch that came with them, I just wanted to move the switch to a better location. Then I realized someone might accidentally bump the switch so it's necessary to have a red flippy cover on it
Old 08-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adammikolon View Post
The lights are currently hooked up with a relay and fuse and the switch that came with them, I just wanted to move the switch to a better location. Then I realized someone might accidentally bump the switch so it's necessary to have a red flippy cover on it
You don't have to justify purchasing a new switch to us
Old 08-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
Rifleman not a cook, Appleseed program
Tackleberry is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
Tackleberry's Tacoma Gallery
Why is the lighted switch 2.95 and the non-lighted is 17.99, is more expensive always better?
Can I do this with a new set of Westin lights??
Old 08-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Nawwwwwzzzzzz switch.
?