Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Brighter Reverse Light bulbs

Old 08-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
08RedSport is on a distinguished road
08RedSport's Tacoma Gallery
Brighter Reverse Light bulbs

Looking for Brighter LED Reverse Light Bulbs for my 08 DCLB.
Got the front windows tinted and need some brighter reverse bulbs without adding accessory lights to the rear of the truck anywhere.
Used the search on here just looking for some updates on lights without digging up dead threads.
Thanks for the help
Old 08-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Hard wire a fog into your reverse light... and mount it to your tow package. I been thinking about doing something of the sort as well.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
Icepuck72's Tacoma Gallery
Check this thread out.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...se-lights.html
Old 08-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
sook is on a distinguished road

sook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
Hard wire a fog into your reverse light... and mount it to your tow package. I been thinking about doing something of the sort as well.
I was thinking of doing this too. There's a couple of nice mounting holes right next to the hitch.

Also, I'm afraid of doing the brighter backup bulbs linked above - the bulb gets HOT! While I know it's not normally on long, I'm still not wanting to risk it. I bought the bulbs, dremeled them, installed them, and took them back out.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
Icepuck72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sook View Post
I was thinking of doing this too. There's a couple of nice mounting holes right next to the hitch.

Also, I'm afraid of doing the brighter backup bulbs linked above - the bulb gets HOT! While I know it's not normally on long, I'm still not wanting to risk it. I bought the bulbs, dremeled them, installed them, and took them back out.
They're LED. Not going to get but so hot.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Learn to use your side mirrors when you back up since you tinted your back window too dark. Free mod
Old 08-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
sook is on a distinguished road

sook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icepuck72 View Post
They're LED. Not going to get but so hot.
My bad, thought it was a different thread.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #8
08RedSport is on a distinguished road
08RedSport's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the free mod Smart guy Pugga but I use my side mirrors currently to back up thats why I started this thread for brighter reverse bulb ideas because as the first post says I tinted the Front Windows (Driver and Passenger sides) and have a hard time seeing while reversing.
Nothing about tinting the back window (which is still factory tint) or not knowing how to drive my truck.
But thanks anyway.

Back to the Original Topic, Thanks to others who shared positive input about the brighter reverse bulbs.
The link that is posted to the previous thread is anyone running those bulbs off ebay from (JLC lighting) in a 2nd gen? How Are they working out?
The positive reviews from the 1st gen guys are really encouraging just looking for an update on how long the bulbs have lasted?
Thanks again
Old 08-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
plugs into the 7 pin wire harness

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...cStoreNum=4285
Old 08-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #10
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08RedSport View Post
Back to the Original Topic, Thanks to others who shared positive input about the brighter reverse bulbs.
The link that is posted to the previous thread is anyone running those bulbs off ebay from (JLC lighting) in a 2nd gen? How Are they working out?

I just put them in a couple days ago so I can't say anything about their longevity, but the JLC bulbs are way brighter than the stock ones. They fit OK in my stock '08 tails - I wished they had sat a tiny bit deeper in the socket. Overall I'm happy, a worthy mod.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #11
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonTaco View Post

I just put them in a couple days ago so I can't say anything about their longevity, but the JLC bulbs are way brighter than the stock ones. They fit OK in my stock '08 tails - I wished they had sat a tiny bit deeper in the socket. Overall I'm happy, a worthy mod.
Nice! Looking forward to getting mine.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #12
AbqTRD2010 is just really niceAbqTRD2010 is just really niceAbqTRD2010 is just really niceAbqTRD2010 is just really nice

Name: Michael
AbqTRD2010's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to AbqTRD2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonTaco View Post

As seen in the posted pict above these lights are very bright and provide plenty of extra light. I just purchased a set of these lights off of ebay for $39.99 + $5.99 S&H and put them in my truck over the weekend. I love the brighter and extra light they provided, however, since I have a 2010 with the backup cam, these lights provide the light further out than I desire. The light does not shine the first two feet under my bumper where my cam points; which I what when using the backup cam at night. I do want to clarify that they do provide plenty of light immediately out to the side and alot of light directly back (after about 2ft), just not immediately under the bumper. I am going back to the original bulbs for now till I can find a brighter LED bulb that shines down where my cam points. I would consider selling these lights for $35 + shipping to anyone who wants them. That will save ya $5 from the ebay price....PM if interested.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:36 AM   #13
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Nice! Looking forward to getting mine.
Got 'em & put them in tonight. Back up head lights is an
accurate description.Also mentioned,there is a gap directly behind the bumper extending 2-3 feet out.Keep in mind my 1.5" lift might have something to do that.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:04 AM   #14
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
What's the part number in the jlc reverse lights ?

Thx
Old 12-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #15
'interfering with Darwin since 1990'
VE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob II
VE7OSR's Tacoma Gallery
LED vs Filament 921 backup lamp

Here's my LED install for backup lamp. 8 Watt units for replacing 921 bulb from V-LEDs.com pics show comparison to stock filament bulb. Overall I do like the whiter light from the LEDs, and it does, in my opinion, let me see more detail when backing up. Whether they are technically brighter, as in putting out more light is up to you to decide. The reflector is designed for the filament light source, but the LEDs appear to have a better and more even dispersion.
Attached Thumbnails
Brighter Reverse Light bulbs-backup921vsleds.jpg   Brighter Reverse Light bulbs-backupcompare1s.jpg   Brighter Reverse Light bulbs-backupcompare2s.jpg   Brighter Reverse Light bulbs-backupresults.jpg  
Old 02-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #16
hodgerussell is on a distinguished road
Name: Russell
hodgerussell's Tacoma Gallery
Can you guys tell me where I can order these online and maybe even a part number.

Thank you
Old 02-03-2012, 12:51 AM   #17
Banned
Hii will become famous soon enough
Hii's Tacoma Gallery
Go on eBay and search "T10 CREE LED"
brightest LED you will be able to find for that application. Extremely bright
Old 02-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #19
Dagger Taco *****
BG KY Jets Fan will become famous soon enough

Name: Joe
BG KY Jets Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Damn! $49.99 for reverse lights?!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #20
Mall Crawler of the Year
TRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
TRDBen's Tacoma Gallery
www.superbrightleds.com for cheaper ones