Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Aux. Lights Switch

Old 08-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
Freestyler is just really niceFreestyler is just really niceFreestyler is just really niceFreestyler is just really niceFreestyler is just really nice

Freestyler's Tacoma Gallery
Aux. Lights Switch

So are there any Aux. Light switches that can fit into the open spots to the left of our steering wheels?
Old 08-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
x2

Old 08-09-2011, 01:24 AM   #3
Freestyler is just really niceFreestyler is just really niceFreestyler is just really niceFreestyler is just really niceFreestyler is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Or

Www.OTRATTW.com also be sure to "like" them on facebook!
do you have a pic of these installed?
Old 08-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Newer Off Road Tacomas don't have blancks to use for light switches, so we just drilled below and added these nice switches from Radio Shack (blue for my HIDs and Red for my Hellas):

Old 08-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
The Oznium switches can be had at Del City for less than $3/ea.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Or

Www.OTRATTW.com also be sure to "like" them on facebook!
Those are pretty nice looking
Old 08-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
VSC blows
MJF will become famous soon enoughMJF will become famous soon enough

Army: 82nd Airborne
MJF's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a link to the factory fj cruiser light switch. They are expensive but I like the stock look. I used one of these for my Hella lights.
http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=2024
Old 08-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #8
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Could you use a factory fog light switch, but wire them up to aux lights?
Old 08-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #9
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post
Here is a link to the factory fj cruiser light switch. They are expensive but I like the stock look. I used one of these for my Hella lights.
http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=2024

I like those "Offroad light switch" or the "Aux light switch" Seems like factory. I wonder how they would light up

I was reading through those other products. Would those "stock harnesses" work when you are putting those into a truck that didn't have it?
Old 08-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #10
VSC blows

MJF's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take a pic tonight to show how they light up. They are the factory switch and light up orange like the rest of the lights, and another light comes on when the lights are on. It was easy to wire up the switch once I found the right schematic. I'll post my little drawing of the wiring also.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post
I'll take a pic tonight to show how they light up. They are the factory switch and light up orange like the rest of the lights, and another light comes on when the lights are on. It was easy to wire up the switch once I found the right schematic. I'll post my little drawing of the wiring also.
alright ya because I like those, might pay a little extra for the professional look.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #12
VSC blows

MJF's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a pic of the switch and one of it at night with the aux lights on.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #13
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the ARB and Daystar switches:

Old 08-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #14
rolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant future

Name: A.J.
rolltide3705's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
Check out the ARB and Daystar switches:

Did you have to trim a little bit off the inside of the hole where the switch goes to get those to fit correctly?
Old 08-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #15
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide3705 View Post
Did you have to trim a little bit off the inside of the hole where the switch goes to get those to fit correctly?
Yeah I had to, but trimming is minimal. I used the blade from my Leatherman Tool and it took me like 30 seconds.

btw, pic is not of mine, but I have the same exact setup.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #16
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
got all mine at sierra expeditions
Old 08-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #18
rolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant futurerolltide3705 has a brilliant future

Name: A.J.
rolltide3705's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
Yeah I had to, but trimming is minimal. I used the blade from my Leatherman Tool and it took me like 30 seconds.

btw, pic is not of mine, but I have the same exact setup.
Ya thats what I thought. I was just test fitting mine for back-up lights and it was looking like I was goin to have to trim, so I was just making sure.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #19
Time Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide3705 View Post
Ya thats what I thought. I was just test fitting mine for back-up lights and it was looking like I was goin to have to trim, so I was just making sure.
just be sure to trim each one the same so all the switches will line up the same.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #20
bonfire is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
bonfire's Tacoma Gallery
This is a pic from my install over the weekend.