Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Climate Control Light Bulbs

Old 10-23-2008, 11:48 AM   #1
ryanyoshi is on a distinguished road
ryanyoshi's Tacoma Gallery
Climate Control Light Bulbs

Hey Guys,
Yesterday, my light bulb went out on the right side of my climate control. I have done numerous searches online and have found people saying that I can only find that replacement bulb at Toyota. Other people say that a #74 bulb will fit perfectly and some say that a #74 bulb will not fit perfectly. Can anybody help clarify this problem for me. By the way, it is a 2003 tacoma. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Change out with LEDs. http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=297
Old 10-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
ryanyoshi is on a distinguished road
ryanyoshi's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Dually,
I think that I will take this route. Appreciate the help.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
No Problem!! I did my cab blue, let me know if you need assistance picking out bulbs!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #5
Lean Mean MPG Machine (best = 27)
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Name: Stefan
pidro_el_pirata's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
No Problem!! I did my cab blue, let me know if you need assistance picking out bulbs!

Hey I need help, i'm confused there's like six different kinds of the same one. I have a 1st gen just like that article you posted and I want to do everything in the article.

Also, what does blue look like vs white? Are the leds in the article picture blue or white?
Old 10-24-2008, 06:15 AM   #6
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
They are blue, thats what I put in my truck. It looks sicks. I'll reply to that PM here shortly when i get some time!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #7
RJSNoCal is on a distinguished road
RJSNoCal's Tacoma Gallery
solved my problem

Been looking for help in replacing the heater panel bulbs in my 99 for a while now. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Mmmk got my bulbs in the mail today (quick shipping) and started to do this. Only ran into two problems with this mod.

First off, the smaller bulbs that go into the a/c and climate control area.. The right bulb is really loose. Is it possible to open up the housing and tighten the clamp inside? I don't want to start just pullin on stuff yknow.

Second, how do you open up the dome light cover? Does it just pop off? Which way should I push it?

And i'm still workin on the dash so I might have more q's later.

Thanks folks
Old 10-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #9

Answered my own questions.

For the loose light, I just popped on a TINY bit of gorilla glue, away from the electrical contacts.

For the dome light, just pry it off away from the switch. It's pretty easy.

And dually.. that dome light looks legit!
Old 10-30-2008, 12:26 PM   #10
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!! Im glad you got it done